Silurids, does they also count as "Type Silurids"?

Bergh

Question

Does the normal Silurids count as "Silurids"?, on there card they only are "Type: Beasts".

Spawn Mother and Gupps are Type: "Beasts, Silurids"

As Spawn mother have some powers who effects Silurids, does this also effect the normal Silurids also?

Edited by Bergh

7 answers to this question

Silurids are considered Silurids, yes.

There's a weird mechanic here: a model with the Silurid trait, or a model named Silurid, are both considered Silurids.

(It's kind of like how both a model in the Neverborn faction like a Sorrow, and a model with the Neverborn trait in another faction like Killyjoy, both are considered Neverborn.)

Edited by Hateful Darkblack

Stangly I say no, and I wish it was yes.

Reasoning the witchling handler who has talents that target models with the witchling characteristics yet she dose not have the witchling characteristics. Characteristics can not be inferred from the name.

But she is not a witchling, she handles witchling stalkers.

So ut makes sense she doesnt have the witchling characyeristic.

Silurids ARE silurids, so of course they have the silurid characteristic, otherwise how would unstable evolution have worked prior to book 3?

The issue is that Talents can reference both a Characteristic and/or a Name.

For instance a Wicked Doll's Doll House ability references Names (Zoraida, Bad Juju and Wicked Dolls) while it's Stitchwork ability references a Characteristic (Doll).

My feeling would be that a talent using the word Silurid is referencing both a Characteristic and/or a Name, so having either fulfils the requirements.

In the case of a Witchling Handler, she does not have Witchling as either a Characteristic or a Name (it's part of her name but it's not her full name), so therefore isn't effected by talents targeting Witchlings.

Which brings up a quandary: Are Special Forces(Dolls) considered to have the Characteristic Doll? I would assume so otherwise Collodi would be a bit average?

Looking through the spawn mothers rules never refer to characteristic, it is purposly vage. So the question is do slurid have the slurid characteristic but dose the slurid characteristic on the spawner and guppies make them slurid, which is yes.

As for unstable evolution it worked before because it was referencing a model name not a characteristic.

As for the handler I was trying to make the point that a name dose not = characteristic, just as unless you have avatar Leveticus the riders are not riders see "to me!".

The characteristic for the special forces is dolls, for some reason the stich togeather is the only doll that dose not have the special forces characteristic; which make little sence to me but that is another issue. just like special forces horrors are horrors.

Edited by D_acolyte