Is this just my inclination to interpret it as "Codex supercedes all"?

ChrisLucPicard

Question

Okay guys, got a Hoffman question for you!

I've been playing my Hoffman crew with both Ryle and the Soulstone Miner, ignoring the "A Crew can not contain models from more than one Special Forces group." in favour of Hoffman's "Arcanist Ties"?

Maybe it's just the GW influence, but I read this as a "Codex Supercedes All" kind of situation? Arcanist Ties reads;

"Crews containing this model may hire Arcanist Contructs without the Frozen Heart or Smoldering Heart Abilities"

Hiring Ryle as my one type of "Special Forces" unit, the Miner still fits the requirements listed by Arcanist Ties.

I'll refer to the Introduction of book one?

"Breaking the Rules:Gameplay rules are intended to be understood when taken as a whole. They create the framework... blah blah blah... When a model's specific rule or ability contradicts these core rules, follow the specific rule rather than the core rules."

Come on guys... I want to play with both in my list. I'm right... right?

I preferred my broken heart story. It combines the silliness of robot love with the ewwwww factor of how exactly does someone love a Soul Stone Miner Physically.

Honestly, I prefer your version as well. I just thought there should be a more plausible option for people who weren't into that sort of thing. :P

I preferred my broken heart story. It combines the silliness of robot love with the ewwwww factor of how exactly does someone love a Soul Stone Miner Physically.

uh...don't you mean owww? tis a good thing Ryle has armor, and can have his lawyer make him Hard To Wound....