Riders of the Storm

Hjelmen

So, I'm in the beginnings of a Leveticus crew, and have started getting the pieces together for the conversions that I want.

I have the model for a single Rider, which will be either the Hooded Rider or Dead Rider, which, in all modesty, is going to be great *grin* , but game-wise, I'm at a loss... The Dead Rider is pretty damned neat, and has some telegraphed uses with Leveticus (especially the Drag Along "trick"), but then the Hooded Rider looks like he might offer a lot of board control, and is also cheaper.

So, the question is, what would ya'll do? Also, if the chosen Rider in question could also be taken in a Viktorias crew occasionally? Dead or Hooded?!

Thank you :D

Honestly, the Hooded Rider is my least favorite of the four. I really want to like the Dead Rider, he's got some great abilities, but players around here know how to deal with Hard to Wound, and he rarely lasts long. I haven't played around with the Pale Rider much, but he looks like he'd be great for crews that are low on ranged attacks. Between Levi and Alyce, there's already quite a bit of damage out at 12 inches, but I could see the Pale Rider in the place of Alyce. Personally, the Mechanical Rider is my favorite. yes, she doesn't have the dead riders 3 inch melee range with drag along, but she's got the chain spear to drag people toward her and Wicked in case they want to try and get away.

Since you say you have a model already, I would assume that it would only really fit the two you mentioned and would suggest Dead as being the better of them. The Hooded Rider is one of the first book models that were fine compared to other first book models, but should probably lose a soulstone or two of cost compared to book two or three models.

i think the hooded is one of the best with something to help against whatever u may face, been unable to make ranged strikes againts him makes him awsome against some crews while against melee based crews they will suffer damage to hit him, with both of those complimented with a nice bonus to his sword (unable to target him at all during next activation/plus one damage per mask, minimum 4/5/6 is great)

Since you say you have a model already, I would assume that it would only really fit the two you mentioned [...]
Guilty as charged :Smug_Puppet1: I have The Dark Emissary from Studio McVey, which I want to use for a Rider, and Dead/Hooded are the only ones that make sense.

i think the hooded is one of the best with something to help against whatever u may face, been unable to make ranged strikes againts him makes him awsome against some crews while against melee based crews they will suffer damage to hit him, with both of those complimented with a nice bonus to his sword (unable to target him at all during next activation/plus one damage per mask, minimum 4/5/6 is great)
See, that's what I'm thinking. Night seems like an awesome buff, and although you have to suffer through one turn of Morning to get to Noon, the Hooded Rider seems like he's a pretty good threat piece.

Heck, I might just build both, and see what works *grin* Thanks for your input so far!

I purposely went out a got myself a hooded rider for use with my Leveticus when I face Austringer touting guild players just to harass them (Start him chasing the sun at night and move him towards the birdmen immune to their fire). Mind you, my neck of the woods is guild heavy, and they ALWAYS bring Austringers.

The 12 or 18 inch range of the Austringer is a real pain in the butt when you are slowly moving up the board with Leveticus, as it will snipe the cr*p out of my waifs.

I either don't move the waifs within range, resulting in Leveticus having to waste action points to move forward as he reappears next to waifs when he comes back. Or gamble and move the waifs up so as to give Leveticus a better starting position to affect the game.

Either way, the guild player is already controlling the flow of the game, which is very annoying.

I'll post results when I have those games.

Cheers

Omg, I made exactly the same! I field the Dark Emissary both as Hooded or Dead Rider. I magnetized the horse to the base for transporting issues, and also put a magnet on his right hand to swap the sword or lance as needed.

It is a great model!

56f2ea6d.jpg

Omg, I made exactly the same! I field the Dark Emissary both as Hooded or Dead Rider. I magnetized the horse to the base for transporting issues, and also put a magnet on his right hand to swap the sword or lance as needed.

It is a great model!

56f2ea6d.jpg

Cool :D I'm not one for magnets, and at a tournament this weekend I saw a great conversion for the Dead Rider, so The Dark Emissary is going to be the Hooded Rider!

See, that's what I'm thinking. Night seems like an awesome buff, and although you have to suffer through one turn of Morning to get to Noon, the Hooded Rider seems like he's a pretty good threat piece.

In an avatarcrew Levi has a (1)spell to let riders autosucceed an adjust purpose, so you could have night, activate aLevi, cast that spell, follow up with activating hooded, adjusting morning to noon and done :)

In an avatarcrew Levi has a (1)spell to let riders autosucceed an adjust purpose, so you could have night, activate aLevi, cast that spell, follow up with activating hooded, adjusting morning to noon and done :)

Not a bad idea, all things considered. But I'm not that impressed with Avatar of Entropy. It seems like his playstyle changes so much that a pre-manifest crew will do almost nothing for the avatar, and a crew built for post-manifestation will do very little for the "small" Leveticus...

I've just secured the bits for my (blatantly plagarized) Dead Rider conversion, and the Hooded Rider/Dark Emissary is at home in his blister waiting to be put together!