Executioner Overview and Tactics

cerealkiller195

I've found the Executioner is best in a defense role mostly due to his low Speed.

Have him move out from your Deployment in to a nice position to charge anything that comes within range, use the Lawyer to give him Hard To Wound 2 and sit back and wait. This works well with strategies such as Treasure Hunt when you need to cover the carriers retreat or Schemes such as Hold Out.

The big guy is very squishy but with a simple spell he can take a few hits that will hopefully only be dealing out Weak damage to him.

Instead of Abuela and Latigo why not go for Hamelin the minion? for roughly the same amount of points you already have the Ghosted Mask suit AND its possible to Cast Obey twice! In addition think about clever use of Piper's Lure to shift the Executioner or any model where you need it..

Hmmm.. interesting choice... I'll look into his card when i get home.

You could go all-in Super Executioner Strategy with something like this:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
4 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Executioner
    [7ss]

• Freikorps Librarian
    [9ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Two sources of Obey, with some bonkers Healing and Damage siphoning from your support models. With any luck your Executioner has Armour 2 and can dump Damage on the Guardian, while the Librarian keep them both alive. Perdita and the totem Obey them places or get extra hits off fatso. The two Witchling Stalkers could be changed out for anything else depending on the Strategy/ Schemes etc, but these two in the vanguard to soften up the enemy before the big guy hits them would be fun.

Obey could be used on the Librarian for extra Healing casts, but not on the Guardian as he is I2I.

Edited by Sholto

You could go all-in Super Executioner Strategy with something like this:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
4 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Executioner
    [7ss]

• Freikorps Librarian
    [9ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Two sources of Obey, with some bonkers Healing and Damage siphoning from your support models. With any luck your Executioner has Armour 2 and can dump Damage on the Guardian, while the Librarian keep them both alive. Perdita and the totem Obey them places or get extra hits off fatso. The two Witchling Stalkers could be changed out for anything else depending on the Strategy/ Schemes etc, but these two in the vanguard to soften up the enemy before the big guy hits them would be fun.

Obey could be used on the Librarian for extra Healing casts, but not on the Guardian as he is I2I.

Interesting list...

A brilliant thread - very thought provoking.

I love the Executioner but have always found him slow. Have also therefore looked to use him in defense on the right strategy with schemes to support him. I find Holdout is always nice when he is there trying to keep people out.

Lots of great thoughts on how to speed him up here though.

Over the weekend I used the Executioner with Lucius.

So I kept the Executioner in my deployment zone and have Lucius activate first. I then used (0) Reinforcements and place the Executioner within 4" of Lucius. So as long as I keep Lucius within 18" of the Executioner, it's an easy way to bring the fat dude up to within 22" of the board.

I saw this on the Lucius/Lady J slingshot tactics and this gives the Executioner up to 30" threat range (Lucius positioned 18" away, casts Reinforcements, place Executioner within 4", Executioner either charges or walks 6/4 and his 2" Melee range).

Cons, the maximum range would take 2 activations from Lucius and if you're using the Executioner to complete Hold Out or to guard something in your deployment zone, then you lose that option. But then again, if you're within reach of a high ss or a master model, then it may be a good idea.