WIP Kirai.

Here is the start of my Kirai crew which I've been slowly working on (read: owned and left unpainted) for a few months now.

Firstly an explanation as to the colours of my Lost love.As soon as I saw the cover of this book: http://images.harpercollins.co.uk/hcwebimages/HCCOVERS/051800/051874-FC222.jpg

I knew I had to paint him in red and have him as the "heart" of the force. He is Kirai's 1-up after all.

The model is still WIP as I'm not happy with the face. I'm tempted to make his eyes and the heart glow, any thoughts?

post-6503-13911923098335_thumb.jpg

Kirai Herself will have slightly more contrasting highlights (they are barely visible in this picture) and the flower pattern will be added to bloth sleeves and the back of her kimono. I wanted her to look like a blood splattered maiden and I'll have a seperate miniature for her spirit form.

post-6503-13911923098526_thumb.jpg

As I have never fully liked the Ikryo miniature (the strange bend in the cloak). I changed her to this:

post-6503-13911923098711_thumb.jpg

Much more imposing. She will be much paler when finished, almost white cloth splattered liberally with gore.

Together they look a little mishmash right now. Hopefully as the rest of the crew is painted in the green/cream/purple scheme the vividness of Lost Love will stand out nicely rather than looking like he is from a different crew.

post-6503-1391192309891_thumb.jpg

I'll probably be starting a blog after my exams are over to try and motivate me to get at least one of my crews finished.

post-6503-13911923098107_thumb.jpg