Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Really? Looking forward to seeing simulacrum in your undead flesh tones. They are always a beauty to behold. Look forward to seeing yan lo too he does look great to play with. Ill be waiting for general release for him.

I hear one fella is going to be getting three separate Yan Lo's to paint as him walking each path. I gotta wonder what he plans to do should he want Yan to spread his Chi around a bit.

I'm also waiting for the general release, so I haven't paid too much attention to Yan Lo yet. But it seems that a combination of all three paths could come in handy. Spirit lvl 1's +1/+1 Wk/Cg, bringing him up to 5/7; Ash's lvl1 Regen 1; and Bone's lvl 1 Khakkhara Dg +1/+1/+2 (for 3/4/6)and Brutal seem nice, or maybe replace the Spirit speed and Bone damage with Ash level 2, +2 Df, bringing him up to a 7 would also shine!

I played a game with Yan Lo and have to say he is damn cool. Depending on the opposing crew, I would invest the three chi points into either Ash or Spirit. Ash is great for the defense bonus and spirit makes him a spirit later on, nearly unkillable. Right now I am focusing on my McMourning crew, after that I am investing painting time into Yan Lo. :)

Speaking of painting, I got two more models finished the other day. Two Flesh Constructs! I am not a major fan of the original model. I prefer the new sculpt a lot more. You can kind of tell which one I put more effort into... :P

Still I am pleased with the two. One grey and one orange Flesh Construct! Huzzah!!! :D

post-10280-13911927506571_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927507065_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927507675_thumb.jpg

post-10280-1391192750845_thumb.jpg

Basically, except for we're still using all the rules for a Scrap. Had a few months of Malifaux Sundays here at my apartment.

Definitely need to rearrange things here in the den to better accommodate the full 48" x 48" of the table, instead of the 36" x 36" we've been using. Just a little too close for comfort with four players. Should be getting a hand with that later today.

Oh neat. I wish I had the room for a table of my own, but alas I do not. :(

Gotta see if I can manage to finish off my Zombie Chihuahua today so I can play with him tomorrow at the league day. I put the little pooch on a pile of hands and legs and some spleen guts or something. The poor little thing is so freaking tiny. lol

I barely have the room for it, but I got it for free when my last job closed up for the season (which, sadly, it has closed up for good). Nice, sturdy 4' x 4', that I eventually want to make the legs removable because it was more than a bit cumbersome to get it up to this apartment. I'd like subsequent moves, even if they are just to another part of this development, to go more smoothly.

[I'd like to modify the table even further, like carving out the 36' x 36' middle section and mounting it lower so that I could put the sewers down a level from the rest of the streets, replacing the normal middle with a removable panel. Originally, I wanted to put drawers in it to get dead, buried, or yet to be summoned models off the table until they're needed.]

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Oh, and do post pics of that lil bugger when you get that done. The basing alone sound fantastic.

Edited by i_was_like_you

Yeah an own table would be really nice. I would probably steal the plans in that one thread building one. Since that table is pretty much perfect for Malifaux needs...

The guy actually looks kind of cool. Got him primed but I wasn't feeling it yesterday to paint anything so I skipped a day. Haha. I will kick ass to get him done today, though.

Another update! I kind of painted this guy super quickly so I can use him tomorrow in case I have to play against somebody in the Dead of Winter event.

I used lots of washing and then bludgeoned everything with some bloody gore.

I decided to put the little guy on a pile of body parts because the model is just too dull and small by itself. This way it actually proves its value and I am content with the outcome.

post-10280-13911927509369_thumb.jpg

post-10280-13911927510025_thumb.jpg

Here's a little family photo. Still missing Simy and Rogue Necro (plus Killjoy... :P ).

post-10280-13911927510837_thumb.jpg

Thanks! :D

Quality work as always Evilbleachman, a quick question though regarding the tiled bases on your Neverborn, are they built by yourself or bought ? if bought would you mind telling me what they are please.

I got these PK-Pro bases. They only have six different ones, though. Once I post more figures you will see that a lot of them are identical. Though I will most likely paint them differently. :)

Great additions to the Simulacrum, they make it look even more gross than it normally does.

I also really like how Sebastian's face came out - he seems to be enjoying his job. I'm not sure about the back part and his grey robe as it looks like it's only been drybrushed hastily. Still, overall it's a very decently painted model.

Flesh constructs look great. I think you've really mastered painting the dead/zombie skin and the way you did it goes nicely with the bloody parts.

Zombie Chihuahua looks great on this pile of body parts and I agree, without anything more to catch the eye on the base, the model would look too dull.

Thank you for the heads up.

Np. :)

Great additions to the Simulacrum, they make it look even more gross than it normally does.

I also really like how Sebastian's face came out - he seems to be enjoying his job. I'm not sure about the back part and his grey robe as it looks like it's only been drybrushed hastily. Still, overall it's a very decently painted model.

Flesh constructs look great. I think you've really mastered painting the dead/zombie skin and the way you did it goes nicely with the bloody parts.

Zombie Chihuahua looks great on this pile of body parts and I agree, without anything more to catch the eye on the base, the model would look too dull.

The grey robe on Sebastian is actually not even dry brushed. I based it in a light grey tone, washed it in black and did some sharp highlights with the base color again. I agree with you, it doesn't look all too great. That is mostly because it is such a flat surface and I didn't want to toss in too much of the original color. It would look blotchy and even odder (I know this from experience). I am too lazy to blend in more on these models, since I am aiming for good tabletop quality. I really wish I could finish up my Ressers soon, so I can start on my Malifaux Display models. I really want to see how good I can paint, if I were to take my time.

I do like that form of undead flesh. It just looks nasty and creepy. I am going to be painting up Simulacrum "29" really soon. I will use a slightly different method on him, more blending based, since it is such a large model. I could paint it the same way as I do my other undead, but the dry brushing and that sloppy paint job would be more noticeable on him than on some small hands/faces of the regular undead sorts I have. Plus I need to give him more than one skin tone, seeing as he is a 'group effort'. I might do a small tutorial on the guy, depending on how he turns out.