Arhimane's Crew

Arhimane

Hello all,

It's my first post on this forum so, quick introduce : I'm leaving in Lyon (France), a little city (500 000 inhabitants) located at approximately 80km East (50 miles) from a great city called Saint-Genest-Malifaux (3000 inhabitants)... Nice website, isn't it... hum :)

(So, sorry for my english)

I'm playing Arcanists (Ramos & Kaeris) and Resurrectionists (Kirai) for a short while. Here is the picture of my first paint for my Resurrectionnists crew : Kirai.

Please comment ;)

post-10184-13911922984081_thumb.jpg

Bonjour :) Nice to see some malifaux players from somewhere other than UK/US

Kirai looks very good. She really is a artist's peace, you can make your mark on her and make it look damn tidy too.

Love the blood splatter, again, I've seen it done before but yours is one of the best ones I've seen done. Very realistic, and in exactly the right place.

More please :)

I love look you went for, I only see one thing that I would have done to make it more realistic and that would be the blood spray would be more on the chest and head since she would be killing someone at equal level with her then a large blood stain at the bottom for where the head and body fell and blood oozed out. but this is just a personal idea but she looks dame fine and your English is vary good

Indeed, I didn't want to put too much blood and get a too gore effect, that's why blood appears only on half the mini. @Guild Monkee, I note your idea of somebody on his knees, I like this idea ;)

It was the first time I used water on a base and didn't obtain the full effect I wanted, mixed blood and water and mud...

For the colour, green, green and... green... hum, sorry...

omg, I got French paint, I will try to translate

Main part of the Kimono : PA Pastel Green (885) - light with P3 menoth white - dark with PA Russian Uniform WWII (924)

Center of the Kimono : P3 Menoth White - light with P3 Morrow White - Dark with PA dark Grey (994)

The darker part of the kimono is a mix of Russian Uniform / Dark Grey / Chaos Black

Beau travail sur Kirai! Ce qui me plaît vraiment est le sang. Pas trop, mais assez. Je pense que tu as trouvé une bonne balance pour éviter que la figurine soit trop gore!

Nice work on Kirai! I really like the look of the blood. It's not too much but still enough. I think you found a "middle way" that the mini isn't looking too gore!