Instructions for Card Creator on Gimp please

iamthefly

Hi,

I downloaded the Card Creator from Ratty's page and also Gimp. I opened the card template in Gimp and then couldn't get any farther.

Can anyone please give me REALLY simple instructions on what to click if I want to

1) change the writing - I can't seem to erase what is already there by highlighting it and clicking the eraser or vice-versa.

2) change the colour scheme from Archanist to Outcast

3) Change the picture.

look, it isn't straightforward for everyone!

Thanks.

Edited by iamthefly
spelling

You need to go in and find the specific layer that involves what you want to change. Then you can delete text layers, turn off and on faction color layers and so on. But I don't remember exactly how to access the layers in gimp.

edit

ctrl-L to open the layers window

Edited by Carse

Its usable though rather tricksy.

If you want to use multiple fonts you have to build a layer for each font (such as adding the suits to a spell etc) That being said, once you get used to doing it, it goes pretty quick.

One tip I do have for creating multi-font text in gimp. First build your initial text layer, then duplicate the layer and remove the text from the 2nd layer, add spaces till you reach the right position in the text and add your new font characters. When you are finished, you can merge the layers into a single entry. I tend to leave each talent entry a separate layer within the card.

This allows you to build up a library of common talents like terrifying or fast/slow and then you can just plug them in where you need.

@iamthefly the layers are named pretty well within the layer menu such as "example ability" or "example spell" Just uncheck the box and the text will be removed and ready for your new text layer to be added.

Also the standard coloring/background for the "blank card" is for Arcanists so to change it just go into the layers and uncheck the arcanist coloring/background layers and check the appropriate ones. (the Arcanists colorings are higher up in the image stack and as a result will cover the other coloring options if left checked.)