Finally Finished my Perdita Ortega crew... any comments and suggestions are appreciat

dunce002917

This crew took me a long time painting. Since each family member is unique I tried to give them their own identity but still stay within a common theme.

Here's Perdita:

post-9656-13911922754389_thumb.jpg

I was inspired by a few painted Ortegas crew in the forums. I chose to paint her tank top pink and decided to paint her hair black - I was planning to give her red highlights but the black turned out good enough and it gave the model a good contrast with the colors. I chose P3's Khardic Flesh as her (and her family's) flesh tone. It gave a slightly tanned hue without making the model too Jersey Shore-like.

Santiago:

post-9656-13911922755263_thumb.jpg

This dual wielder was a bit tough to paint. especially the hair and mustache. But I think I did a good job with the model.

Francisco:

post-9656-13911922756079_thumb.jpg

This guy was fun to paint. I finally got the jeans look I want by adding a thinned P3 Frostbite wash over the Cygnar blue painted pants. I painted the facial and head hair with Jack bone and gave him a whitish blonde look.

Nino:

post-9656-1391192275706_thumb.jpg

This cousin was tough to paint.. I couldn't see his glasses so I painted a new one instead. Balancing him on the base was tough so a bit more green stuff was use.

Papa Loco:

post-9656-13911922757978_thumb.jpg

I painted Papa Loco last and did not actually spend a lot of time with him.. I just painted his strapped jacket with Jack Bone and gave him leather boots. The model came with an extra dynamite so I decided to light it up and put it into his mouth cuz he's Loco like that.

All in all, this crew was fun to paint and did not give me head aches... I'm happy with how they turned out and I can't wait for Saturday to put them on the gaming table.

As usual, any comments, suggestions and tips would be highly appreciated.

I would suggest using some GW Devlan Mud (or whatever they call it now). Works well on Gold, Brown, Skin, and Khaki.

Yes, Devlan mud is talent in a pot. I am not sure about the new paint range but the old Devlan mud is magical. Rumor has it that its made from the tears of Golden Demon painters.

FYI since GW just changes there paints and names. Devlan mud is now called Agrax Earthshade, no word on whether is still contains fluids of amazing painters or not :)

Yes, Devlan mud is talent in a pot. I am not sure about the new paint range but the old Devlan mud is magical. Rumor has it that its made from the tears of Golden Demon painters.

FYI since GW just changes there paints and names. Devlan mud is now called Agrax Earthshade, no word on whether is still contains fluids of amazing painters or not :)

will check it out.. :P

ok just the Devlan Mud/Agrax Earthshade wash. However, I already applied the GW Black wash on the Ortegas.

post-9656-13911922775087_thumb.jpg

post-9656-13911922775894_thumb.jpg

post-9656-13911922776785_thumb.jpg

post-9656-13911922777578_thumb.jpg

post-9656-13911922778426_thumb.jpg

The black wash gave them a gritty straight out of the soul stone mines look.

Should I decide to wash them with the Devlan Mud... can I just apply it on top of the black or is there a way to just "wash" off the wash without damaging the paint job?