Set sail for Malifaux

LordZombie

So there is a friend of mine in my gaming group who is a BIG fan of pirates. I just happen to see that war machine has a box set that just came out called the Sea dogs crew. Check it out,

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/units/sea-dog-crew-unit

So my question for my fellow Malifauxains, is this: what models in Malifaux would these proxy as best? My gaming group is pretty relax so everyone proxies, but I have none of the books and only have the pdf cards to look at. So what do you think? What could these guys be? I am thinking of Von Schill as the master, but that kind of limits the crew. Any ideas?

i dont know the rules for these crews too much so maybe the play style wouldnt fit, but im thinking probably the LaCroix crew, maybe the Oregas, or even... that guild dude with the mask... --edit Lucias--

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Actually now that i think about it, while the feel of the lacroix group sounds best, the height would be wrong

Yeah, Some of the guild could would, but they are too personal. They need to be just nameless rabble, except for the master of coarse. Desperate Mercs were idea I was thinking, but who would be the master? None of the outcast could do it as none of them work together and if a guild master, they will cost more.

If you could find something fitting, (Ie a model with two swords) they could be the vicks, and just make from the looks of that, an all male version, unlike the common all female version, then you can have von schill as you said and everything else in there, but it will perhaps require more than just that box to find everything with the right equipment (Taelor, Hans, sword vick ect)

To me that box, and pirates is outcasts pure and simple, working together for the pot of gold at the end of the tunnel, so to me the vicks + VS seems the most sensible choice.

However this may require a new name for the masters, but im sure that could be improvised? :)

Having the whole crew armed with pistol and sword (one axe) will make it tough, to be honest. You could easily run them as Ronin or Freikorpsmanner, Using Von Schill as a leader. Use the axe guy as Taelor or Johan, perhaps.

Is it just me, or out of the ten models pictured, are there actually only six sculpts?