Kaeris is finished....

Bruglyother

Yes, they are. I just cut them away from the backpack, and then reattached them at a better angle, while curving them a bit by hand. This gives a better illusion of flight.

Well they look very nice :P I was considering getting some alt mechanical wings from somewhere, because I dont like the originals, but you've made them look so nice I'll give them a go :)

Nicely done. I was thinking of doing something similar with Kaeris, pinning her off the base to give the hovering effect. I'm worried about the sturdiness of the model once she's pinned like that though. Have you had any issues along those lines with yours? I'll most likely just be using a paper clip as the pin.

She hasn't had any game play yet, so I'm not 100% sure on the sturdiness. But, she's up on brass rod that has been reinforced by the "smoke" process, so I don't anticipate any issues. Having done similar things before, I think a lot depends on the gauge of metal you use, and how much you reinforce/mask the rod. The thinner the wire, the more you want to hide it in something that can reinforce it.

Thanks. I've always just used paper clip for pinning but the pinning has always been to make direct contact with the model to the base so that has been perfectly fine. I've never tried suspending a model on paper clip before. Maybe I'll need to try some brass rod just in case.