questions on Placing

Therril_83

Question

I would guess that all of this has come up before, but I cannot find it (I do not see eye to eye with the search function on this forum..). Please reference me to a thread if you know one, so we're not just re-discussing the use of the wheel.

First off is the Jackalope. His Multiply rule states that if he was previously removed from play he can be placed into base contact with a beast before it is removed and gain slow. Now, does this allow him to activate in the same turn, the same as summon does? or is it dependant on if he activated in this turn already or not (if he dies and returns in the same turn)?

Second is terrain and spell effects (and I know I've read threads about this with Rasputina but can't remember seeing a definite answere). Waldgeists can target a forest within 2" and Place it completely within 5". Does this allow him to place it on top of a model, counter and/or objective marker? or even on top of other terrain (say a water feature for example)

Same question with things like AvatarSonnia and her Pyre Markers. She must place them 1" away from any model, but then she can use (1) Pyre Command to Place a marker 2" in any direction. Can she move them on top of models, counters and/or objective markers? And other terrain?

4 answers to this question

The Jackalope can activate in the same turn if he wasn't on the board before you placed him. If you just moved him to a new spot and he had already activated then he obviously can't activate again.

As for moving terrain: it can definitely be moved on top of other models or objectives (sort of the point of Pyre Command), but the question whether or not you can move a forest onto a building was never resolved. I believe the consensus was that it was possible, but no RM answers to this one.

The Jackalope can activate in the same turn if he wasn't on the board before you placed him. If you just moved him to a new spot and he had already activated then he obviously can't activate again.
Yes, I understand that it ofc doesn't get reactivate if I push him along the board. But I'm curious as to why they don't just use the rules for Summon when he's off the board, rather than specify that he's placed and get slow, but without stating if he gets to activate again.

Thank you both for your replies. I don't think moving trees onto houses will be an issue in my gaming group, but placing them on objectives or models will *grin*