Ok, I'm sold

Red_Starrise

Well, first of all, welcome! :D

If you're picking up Sonnia, i would grab witchling stalkers (unless you meant you picked up her box as well)

The constructs all have various wonderful uses, Lucius and the guild guards are lovely to work with, and i think every guild player around here has an austringer... i love mine. :D

You do have a pretty solid list there however, so building a good 35 ss game shouldn't be too hard for you. You'll figure out what else you want/need as you go. :D

Lady Justice is where i started as well. Good luck!

and again, welcome to Malifaux

The advice I most wish someone had given me when I started is this:

Don't worry about building lists. Don't even worry about the rules much, as they will be most easily learned by playing. Sit down and read the Strategies & Schemes. Build a few tables and put the objectives down for each Strategy and think about how you would go about achieving each one.

I didn't bother to do this until after I'd lost 7 or 8 games. Yeah, I lost the 7 or 8 games that followed me studying the strategies, but then I knew WHY I lost them.

Once your at least 'conversational' with the strategies, you'll know which models to buy next, because you'll feel their lack when you play certain strategies.

The advice I most wish someone had given me when I started is this:

Don't worry about building lists. Don't even worry about the rules much, as they will be most easily learned by playing. Sit down and read the Strategies & Schemes. Build a few tables and put the objectives down for each Strategy and think about how you would go about achieving each one.

I didn't bother to do this until after I'd lost 7 or 8 games. Yeah, I lost the 7 or 8 games that followed me studying the strategies, but then I knew WHY I lost them.

Once your at least 'conversational' with the strategies, you'll know which models to buy next, because you'll feel their lack when you play certain strategies.

Thanks for the info-- I'll try to study up on that.