McMourning list, using Miss Pack

Spiku

A crew for my faithful manservant is suggesting, because it lets her use her Miss Pack model:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 7 Pool

+ McMourning, Avatar of Athanasia [2ss]

Zombie Chihuahua [1ss]

Bête Noire [9ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

McTavish [7ss]

Nurse [5ss]

Yes or no?

Though she'd like to have had Rafkin in there in place of some of the remains because she likes the model; I suspect he will have relegated to Nicodem lists.

Looks like something of the kind that we discussed on IRC the other night. I like it, aside from the fact that it feels a bit spammy with the canines. On the other hand, you often actually play with 1-2 less canines than your actual list since they end up as BPC... Do note that while juicing up Bete makes her for one hell of a nasty girl, I'll admit I, personall, did feel sort of cheap when I did it (added with her 0 action and defensive stance...).

It is only off by one model as I recall, compared to the IRC discussion!

That said, the first time she used bete with a nurse, she juiced her, forgot she was fast, used the card she meant to save for burying her earlier in the turn, and then killed her on the second activation =3

Edit: Did I recommend Molly to you? Can't recall. Would probably be good for making things faster and getting some belles in?

We did discuss some Molly, but the poor gal always seems to draw the short straw when it comes to trimming time...

One problem I can see with this list is that the nurse has a very short range, so might have trouble when it's time to (optimally) juice both McTavish and McM in the same turn. Bete's sort of done from turn one, of course. The thought of a juiced up hillbilly sniper forcing the enemy forward towards McM is a nice one, though!

What you have to ask yourself, is that 11 points + the investment in cards and activations to pull off the combo, worth 11 points?

Imho the answer is no unless you have a very specific job for it, or you have ways to make more use out of the Nurse which this list doesnt really have (and no, dog missiles is not a valid use!)

Tell you who is epic with a Nurse... Sue. Being able to do these in the same turn:

Sue activates, Walk, Hurt, Disrupt Magic

Sue activates, Walk, Circle/Tread/SSI, Shrug Off

Is pretty damn good. It lets him actually position himself for his positional effects, and use multiple of them, as well as use Hurt (his best ability) all in the same turn.

If you're running Sue and an Avatar with your master, I think the two of them is enough to warrant the investment in Nurse.

Isn't it 12 points?

I can't help but feel McTavish is going to get more out of Miss Pack, as where Sue will march off to do his effects, McTavish can sit at range doing his with Miss Pack close to him and making use of attendant/bedside manner. It also means if you have a reasonable mask you can be putting more on to the Rogue Necromancy; Miss Pack casting on 6's anyway, though tavish needs a 7+ of masks for anything on rogue necromancy

Sue dashing off 12" in one turn, with auras up is nifty mind you; but Miss Pack is never going to get that off again without 2 turns of movement at least. 14" threat range from that aura, however, is McTavish's single shot range; which could be 4 ap worth of shots if you want to include a movement each time? 10+ of tomes also required to get that sexy bonus circle damage

I'm struggling to see how Sue is going to make as much use out of it as McTavish would

I'm struggling to see how Sue is going to make as much use out of it as McTavish would

I'm suggesting Apples to your Oranges :)

I'm saying that I'm not convinced that a 12 point investment for the Tavish/Nurse combat package is worthwhile, but I am more sold on the 13 point Sue/Nurse card draw/area denial/buff package.

Not that it's bad or anything, I just think there's better, less combo-ey options.

The most important thing here, is that both she and I like the Sue model, and I will be picking it up when I expand into Viks. So I suspect the thing to do is try one, then the other, and decide then/change as need be ;3

Certainly extra cards are delicious; just need some instinctual on McMourning to keep the lad fresh. Can you use Sue's last wound to Hurt if you have cannot be killed on him? I assume not

I dont think that's actually the case, at least not the way his ability is written.

Although I wasnt exactly considering unreleased models in this :)

Can you explain how that would work as play both Seamus and McM and would love to be able to field Sue. Both their avatars have wicked and Sue's Man in black states that he can't be hired by any crew containing 1 or more models with ruthless and/or wicked?

Appreciate that the avatar does not start on the table but surely it is a part of the crew in same way as bete noire or killjoy, in that you pay points for it.

Edit -found the answer! And both Seamus and McMourning can hire Sue and bring out avatar!

Hot D***!!!!

Edited by tattyted
correction

Didnt realise there was a ruling, but yeh, thats what I was getting at. Nice innit :)

Yep, sweet :). At first glance it seems counter -intuitive as IIRC there are only the three avatars that have wicked at the moment and it seems odd to specifically reference the ability and then have nothing affected by it (not that I am complaining). So Wyrd must have a long-term plan. Wonder what minion(s) in the future is going to have wicked?

Yep, sweet :). At first glance it seems counter -intuitive as IIRC there are only the three avatars that have wicked at the moment and it seems odd to specifically reference the ability and then have nothing affected by it (not that I am complaining). So Wyrd must have a long-term plan. Wonder what minion(s) in the future is going to have wicked?

There are plenty of Wicked models in the game... and plenty more Ruthless ones. Lots of stuff is affected by it.

well my recall is definitely dodgy - I firmly had it in my head that there were lots of ruthless models and only a few wicked ones.

Did a little count:

Ruthless;

Von Schill

Freikorps Trapper

Convict Gunslinger

Gunsmith

Lazarus

Hans

Wicked;

Shikome

Lilith & avatar Lilith

Lord Chompy

mechanical rider

Lilitu

Think thats the lot, but given my track record so far there may be more of either.

Somehow got it into my head that wicked was a fairly new ability as, unlike ruthless, wicked doesn't appear in the list of common abilities in the small rulebook and I don't cart the large ones round to games. Also, until book three, wicked was almost all neverborn and don't see much of them in my area.

Might change my forum name from tattyted to Poohbear as Malifaux never ceases to surprise this bear of little brain.