Cut and Thrust (Bristol) March 31st-1st

Angor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random Core Encounter Tournament

All players flip for their Strategies from the Core Encounter Chart on p.11. If both

players flip the same Core Strategy, they use the Shared version of that Strategy.

So looks like each player could be playing a different strategy, and therefore each player could play the same strategy again during the day. Not played a tournament in this way (usually play shared) so that could be interesting and mix my head up a bit...

HOWEVER

Having just read Gaining Grounds in more detail, Official (i.e. ranked ) tournaments use this;

Random Expanded Shared Strategy Tournament

One player per matchup flips for the Strategy from the Expanded Strategies Chart

on p.69 of the Rules Manual. The players then use the Shared version of that

Strategy.

AND ALSO

Strategy Selection

Determined by the TO.

Edited by Clousseau

OK. I've checked with MythicFox and to be a Ranked tournament the rules just need to meet GG guidelines, not the Offical specifics, so Random Core Encounter is fine - so we'll be playing different Strategies each which'll be fun.

Roll on Saturday - I'll need a strong coffee on arrival

Entrace list so far:

Dai Garland

Mike Penberthy

Gavin Holly

Justin Plimmer

Rosie Plimmer

Dominic Westland

Luke Cocksedge

Martin Wodehouse

David Brown

Tim Brown

Liam Coupland

George Sjorn

Alex Kolodotschko

Jack (Local)

Andres (Local)

Adam Perry

These are the list of people I have recieved payments or I know are coming. If you are not on the list above dont panic! :D

Plenty of room here,

Email alex@cutandthrustwargaming.com and I shall be sure to add you to the list.

Thanks everyone and look forward to seeing you all here for the weekend.

If you need help with parking and the likes there is some useful infomation on the Cut and Thrust forums.

Dan

Results from Saturday

1 Martin 9/16/+8 (Soul Puppet)

2 Dom 6/18/+13 (Dumb Luck)

3 Liam 6/17/+9 (Bucket Monkey)

4 Justin 6/17/+5

5 David 6/11/+2 (Clousseau)

6 Mike 6/10/-1

7 Dai 4/16/-2

8 Luke 3/11/+4

9 George 3/10/-6

10 Gavin 2/15/-7

11 Tim 1/10/-8 (Oshova)

12 Rosie 0/4/-17

Well done Martin, and also well done to George & Rosie in their first tournament.

Edited by Clousseau

All Welsh top three!
Well, that depends on whether I'm Welsh or not... I still haven't decided! Had a good time at my first Malifaux Tournament, extremely lucky to come away with first place I think! Three tough games (Dave, Tim, Justin) but great opponents all and a pleasure to play against.

Got to play 5 new people over the weekend which is always good, and a nice rematch with mike, we just need a decider now after one win a piece between here and deliverance.

I do hope george and Rosie had fun and that we see them both at more events.

Here's hoping to see some of you at deliverance if not In the mean time, well weve had the jacks vs the blues we could always add the bristolians for a 3 way team event.