Dampening and companion

Fastenhate

Hoffman's dampening states it does not work during his activation. I just wanted to confirm that if Hoffman and his totem companion that the totem would be able to activate a pulse or aura during its activation since companion activations occur simultaneously and the aura would stay in effect for the rest of the turn.

Thanks

So even though compainion states the activations occur simultaneously the sergeant's activation would still be dampened by Hoffman?

My +, + attack flipping, reactivating peacekeeper can't carry Hoffman and the linked Seargeant then.

Yeh the activations dont actually happen simultaneously. You declare your companion chain, then do them one by one.

The book companion rules arent well written, should be added to the faq probably.

Yeh the activations dont actually happen simultaneously. You declare your companion chain, then do them one by one.

The book companion rules arent well written, should be added to the faq probably.

That's the rub. Mechanically we complete the activations one after another otherwise it would be tough to track the AP use. I guess I was hoping the use of simultaneous would get around the dampening issue. Thanks for the info Calmdown.

I actually managed to remember to look up the rule in the real rule book

Book 1, pg 53:

"Some abilities allow 2 or more models to activate simultaneously. When using one of these abilities... until all the models acting simultaneously have been activated."

So, the way I read it, simultaneously means the aura would be fine because Hoffman would still be "active."