kirai starting line up

Huang Da Wei

You'll want at least 1 Shikome, the Ikiryo is nice, but if that is your only model with teeth you will struggle with her. Some people will advocate for 2 Shikome, I've never felt I needed the second, but having it definitely will give you options. You might also want to get 2 packs of Night Terrors for missions that require objective grabbing.

However for just starting out and learning how she plays you've got enough, but make getting at least 1 Shikome a priority.

just looking at the stats for insidious madness, what would you use it for?

Giving things -wp flips then attacking their Willpower.

A highly mobile target for an Into the Spirit World

General objective grabbing.

Gaining initiative. One of Kirai's biggest weaknesses is dropping all of her stuff (including the fragile Ikiryo) and then having it killed next turn before it activates.

Really good model. You can easily run two, a lot of good players do.

You want at least 1 shikome but never start with them. Always summon them in. Simply because there is no downside, they can never be affected by slow. I never run with less than 4 night terrors, the mobility is killer. Other then that an insidious madness can work & when you're better with the rules look into good old Jack Daw.

Completely un-fluffy but the Freikorp Librarian using furious casting to heal Kirai each turn can be insanely useful if you're struggling to keep her wounds high enough to keep summoning. Use the lost love to turn him into a spirit and swirl him up to Kirai if he gets left behind. 9ss is a large investment though.

I think casting spirit food (I think that's the spell's name) on the next enemy model you're attacking is pretty important. Then you can get a Gaki and a Seishin (if you're close enough). Smacking Kirai around to give her Spirit is pretty good. Then she can have soothe spirit cast on her to keep her healthy while summoning. And try to stay pitiful, if possible.