35pt seamus list help

tony28

For a single all comers list, I'd drop one of the Belles and add in Grave Spirit and some Night Terrors (or Crooligans if you prefer, but they're less good). Then you want to add a couple of Killy models choosing from: Bête Noir, Dead Rider, Shikome, Convict Gunslinger

Gives you a good mix of offence and objective grabbing.

Mike

Edited by Mike3838

Crooked Man plus Belle is a decent combo sometimes, but it's 8ss tied up in a combo that 50% of the time will only cause 3Dg (and less if the enemy is armoured or a spirit). Yes it's nice on the occasion you flip a joker, or paralyse a key model, but it's a lot of effort and a bit of a gamble.

Mike

The list you were thinking of is what I was running variants of for awhile. The problem is for an all comers list it will often fail. The only source of dmg you have in the list is Seamus, whose dmg potential can be neutralized by locking him in combat.

I'd honestly recommend dropping the copycat from your list, as for 2SS he will very rarely pull his weight as he's exceptionally easy to kill, and will rarely hit anything with his gun as his combat is 3 and he needs to be within 8" to even shoot anything.

I had a very hard time dropping belles from the list, but at least in my case, the ability to just pull things around and be tankish doesn't work against crews that will see you have no threats and just either swarm you, or kill you outright. The Seamus list I've had some success with lately is this one:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter
--
4 Pool

Grave Spirit [1ss]

Molly Squidpiddge
[9ss]

Necrotic Machine [2ss]

• Dead Rider
    [10ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Desperate Mercenary
    [2ss]

I still don't feel it's right, but it had a good deal of success in a recent Turf war Vs McMorning. Seamus, supported by the Necrotic Machine hung around the back field to prevent McMorning's minions from attempting to complete their objectives, while the rest moved in a group up one side of the board. The Dead Rider heading forward to smack and then drag back models for the Zombie to either Charge or Flurry. Molly grabs the counters as they drop and then summons Sybelle as soon as counters and cards allow. Also using Terrible Secret to debuff the target of the Rider's attack is useful.

On Set up try to make certain the belle is within both Molly and Seamus' auras so she can claw the Desperate merc for 1 and still move and keep up with the phalanx of death.

The problem is I don't like running without two Belles and Seamus' cache is very low, Seamus really needs as many stones as you can get.

Not a fan of Crooked men for the reasons Mike gives.

Mabey something like:

Ressurectionists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Seamus, The Mad-Hatter
--
7 Pool

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Rotten Belles
    [4ss]

• Convict Gunslinger
    [6ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

• Punk Zombie
    [5ss]

I was going to suggest something very much like this. Way to steal my thunder, bro :dead1:.

PZ's are amazing 5pt models. I like to keep one close to Seamus, this way if you want to deal with the Hatter, you may have to deal with a Cb7 paired Flurry!!!

Once you know how to use the Dead Rider (making sure he's not caught in the open after his drag-alongs), he's a fantastic and versatile utility model. Definitely worth the 10 points. A bit restrictive if you want any other high point models though, and a few times he's been caught out in the open due to sheer stupidity. Bete Noire is also AMAZING, but if you end up facing a construct-heavy crew you are screwed, brotha! I've also recently tried out Molly, and she has some interesting spells to bring to the table. Plus you can bring an extra totem! Convict Gunslingers are always a good choice. If you like punk zombies, then take one or two of them; however, even with luring I've had issues getting them in flurry range, so they usually just end up cutting themselves to do damage. I do like Cornelious' idea of keeping a punk zombie by Seamus for protection, but with a large enough soulstone cache and clever play you don't really need[url=http://www.wyrd-games.net/member.php?3563-Cornelious1424] to worry about protecting the Hatter.