Attacking ones own models

Jadedhobo

Question

So at my gameshop we have a few people doing things I don't quite understand.

With some people thinking it's shenanigans and some not it makes it rough sometimes.

Basically i'll just ask here so it can be linked to them with the ruling.

Some people are using models like Pandora in order to pacify their own models so they can move their Pandora model all around the table since you can cast Pacify again if you get it the first time (he casts it and cheats whichever one he needs to to make it work.) Other players are resurrectionists who kill some cheap models they bring along with attacks in order to gain counters for summoning a higher cost model. A few other players doing similiar things. I am curious if these are allowed?

14 answers to this question

You will find that killing your own models (desperate Merc) is almost a given for a specific army type. Resser's and Lilith grow lists that I know of.

I think it's getting a little over board but people have figured it out that if you can get that 2ss to make 5ss (or higher model) then be a Team Killing.. er.. you know the rest.

The thing people sometimes miss with this strategy is that generally speaking you have to waste a turn(or maybe two) killing your own models to get the bigger badder model. Usually taking your masters activations for sure and most of the time keeping you in your deployment zone.

In Malifaux you only get 6 turns most games, and most of the strategies require mobility. So wasting time in your deployment zone can really hurt you in the game.

Strangely, I often do the opposite with Ramos. I spend 5 SS to buy a large spider, 1 AP to blow it up, and save 5 AP that I don't have to spend gathering scrap for other uses.

Smaller army, more AP for my master.

Would still cost another AP to move up to the counters as they drop in the centre of the 50mm base... but still saves a nice 4AP for 3 scrap counters

And yeah, can definitely attack your own models... good for throwing blast effects out as you can cheat down the Def card to get a cheatable damage flip :)

Would still cost another AP to move up to the counters as they drop in the centre of the 50mm base... but still saves a nice 4AP for 3 scrap counters

And yeah, can definitely attack your own models... good for throwing blast effects out as you can cheat down the Def card to get a cheatable damage flip :)

He can summon using counters up to 6" away. No reason to move up unless you want to. (and you should have moved the spider in the direction you're likely to go, so it's like it's a detour)

He can summon using counters up to 6" away. No reason to move up unless you want to. (and you should have moved the spider in the direction you're likely to go, so it's like it's a detour)

*facepalm* and i even use Ramos on occasion so i should know better... not been using him enough obviously, time to finish magnetizing up my spiders and get him back on the board, particularly as i've just got my Avatar of Invention through