Fat Freddie Krueger...

Krimsonscythe

I use the beloved executioner, anywhere from 20 ss up is want him in, unless I'm running Judge.

Depends on my build how I use him. If I've got Lucius, I use LJ to give him melee expert then reinforce him into a good position and get stuck in and rely on love the job and slow to die to keep him alive. Alternatively melee expert then line box him for a nice surprise when a Death Marshall snuffs it. If you've got an Perdita obey line just shotgun wedding then fire him up with triple obey into whatever spot you want him.

He rarely doesn't make his points back as long as you are careful not to get him shot down, he's well worth the points.

Edited by Bucket Monkey

I use him in every game, irrespective of size, no crew is complete without Wolverine's fat uncle! I tend to just charge him towards the nearest lower end minions and try and take them out to heal up after each one. If you put him in against the stronger end of the minion scale, his low defense will soon come back to haunt you. Against high numbers of weak minions (e.g. rezzers), he can be awesome and well worth his SS cost. Against lower numbers of strong minions (or god forbid if you try to take out Lilith which never ends well!), he's likely to be less effective.

He's definitely a good choice for a big hard hitter. But due to his reputation and appearance, he will be a target for ranged strikes. So charge up the table ASAP, but take care to use cover to your advantage wherever possible.

You want him to get into combat, you want him to do Love The Job, you want him to be a right pain to your opponents. Play him right, and he can do all that and more.

The exacutioner is a must have for 7ss he is a steal. He works best with lady J or perdtia lists, where he can get melee expert or obeyed for a free charge. Though I would never use the master to cast those spells, a gov proxy has lady j casting of 5 rams so use him to cast the melee expert spell, since lady j has better uses for her ap then casting 1 ap spells. In perditas list use her enslaved totem that has the mask built in to obey him.

The exacutioner is good on its own but with +1 ap he gets that much better.

Where it is at for him is paired claws that with his damage and his atuo getting of critical strike is at min 4 that's alot. His love his job and slow to die keep him alive. Also having another model that can do last rights is vary handy as well.

All around he is better then most 7 point models the guild have. Well almost he not as good as nino but better then the rest.

In contrast to everyone else, I've tried using him several times and never been happy with him. Using both Lady J and Sonnia. Not tried with Lucius or Perdita (don't own them yet).

He tends to have a big fat target on his head, and he seems to die quite easily before getting anywhere near combat. He's just too slow to get there in my experience. If we had some means to lay down some sort of cloud effect it would help. Some of my failure may also be attributable to the terrain we tend to use (a modular ruined town board, so there are good sightlines accross the board) and my ooponent's preferred crews (neverborn, Rasputina) being good at taking out a model they deciode they want rid of from a distance.

I love him with Perdita. He provides that pure melee "oomph" that her crews tend to have.

Sample of my most frequently used Perdita list:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
2 Pool

Enslaved Nephilim [2ss]

• Abuela Ortega
    [7ss]

• Executioner
    [7ss]

• Guild Austringer
    [5ss]