Paint based mystery

Guild Monkee

I used Duplicolor myself until I paid about $7 for my last can at the auto store and shortly after that when ordering some paints from the Warstore noticed P3 primer was $7 for a can so I ordered one. Honestly feel that P3 gave me a better coverage for the same price so it's what I'll be using from now on.

See I use all 3 major brands for various colors. Vallejo is the bulk of my colors, GW is my metalics, foundation paints, washes, and reds, P3 are select colors that no one else does (Coal Black, Menoth White base/highlight, etc).

As for being able to buy more paint for less money, painting a single figure only requires 3 or 4 drops per color so there is no real gain for "buying in bulk". Hell the only bottle of paint I have ever run out of is Vallejo Sick Green. I used that to base coat and highlight 160+ Ork Boyz. The washes on the other hand I bought the materials to make my own because I was going through them so fast.

For me, I want bulk washes, like how you're making them, so that I can just dip them. Yeah, I know Army painter has their dip, but it's basically wood varnish. As such, it requires a well-ventilated area and at least a day to dry enough to paint over it. I just want to use Citadel style washes, as odd as they may smell, available in a container large enough for dipping. Higgins brown drawing ink seems to work nicely, but it's not very friendly when it comes to painting over it later.

For me, I want bulk washes, like how you're making them, so that I can just dip them. Yeah, I know Army painter has their dip, but it's basically wood varnish. As such, it requires a well-ventilated area and at least a day to dry enough to paint over it. I just want to use Citadel style washes, as odd as they may smell, available in a container large enough for dipping. Higgins brown drawing ink seems to work nicely, but it's not very friendly when it comes to painting over it later.

You could just buy hobby store acrylics for your washes. They're not the best paint quality, but they're good enough to make washes out of, and you can put them in any size container you like. (A peanut butter jar or mayonnaise jar would have a wide enough mouth to fit most minis.)

I think I pay about $1.39 for 2 fl. oz. of paint.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm using Krylon Indoor/Outdoor white primer, and as far as I can tell it's doing an admirable job. Stinks up the whole side of the house for hours though.

That's where that whole, use in a well ventilated area comes in. I'm fortunate enough to have a mall job with a huge, unused backroom for priming my models. About to remove the flash and prime up some of January's releases, the Ten Thunders Brothers and Angelica. Probably should have brought my gf's alt and avatar Somers with me too.