Just started playing Criid and I have a couple of questions

Brettqpublic

I played Sonnia for the first time last night and really enjoyed her. I do have a couple of questions about her card and I'm hoping my fellow Guildmates can help me out.

1. In addition to adding a tome to her CA does Confiscated Lore bump her CA up to 8?

2. With the Explosive Burst trigger can I place the initial blast marker 2 inches away from the target and if so does the target still take damage?

Thanks!

For # 1, yes it does make her Ca 8 :rams :tomes

and for #2, yes the initial target would take the direct damage.

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify if I have severe damage Flame Burst the original target takes 5 and the first blast can be placed two inches away from him? If that is the case then does the initial blast do 4 or 5?

The intial target takes 5 damage and you get to place three :blast tokens up to 2" away from the target (if you got the trigger off). Each model touched by the tokens then takes 3 damage.

Keep in mind though (as I read it) the three :blast :tokens do have to touch since they are still subject to the normal placement rules (after the upto 2" move away if the trigger was used)

The intial target takes 5 damage and you get to place three :blast tokens up to 2" away from the target (if you got the trigger off). Each model touched by the tokens then takes 3 damage.

Keep in mind though (as I read it) the three :blast :tokens do have to touch since they are still subject to the normal placement rules (after the upto 2" move away if the trigger was used)

Yes, after you place the first one 2" away all the others must touch.

Don't be afraid to cast at your stalkers. They will take the same damage (3) as all the enemy models hit by the :blast's. Its much easier to get the severes when you can cheat the stakers resist down to a positive damage flip and then cheat that if needed.