The Dreamer's Harvest - LivetoCrush.net ToP

WombatJ

UPDATE: Pictures of the Dreamer and a Daydream painted, and WIPs of Coppelius at the bottom of the page (here).

Hey guys, me and a few friends have rallied up to the challenge of a tale of painters. It boils down to us painting a couple guys a month for the next 4 months (first due date feb 1st) to try to get a fully painted 35ss army.

I'll post up some painted pics here as I get them, but I just primed my first minis today. I did snap some shots of the minor conversions I've done so far, and you can check them all out here - The Dreamer's Harvest, and see the blog posts here - blog.

Now to the real point, I mocked up some quick color scheme pics, so I'm looking for any thoughts on what people like or don't that I might not have thought of. Check em out -

tn_bdrms.JPGtn_ddrms.jpgtn_ted.JPG

Also, I threw a scarecrow-ish hat on coppelius. I'm wondering what people think in regards to putting something similar on my stitched togethers, should i keep it unique on coppelius or should i unify them with some sweet hat-itude?

Here's coppelius -

tn_coppelius1.JPGtn_coppelius2.JPGtn_coppelius3.JPG

Bigger pics of everything on the site. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,

-WJ

Edited by WombatJ

Well #1 the teddy won't have the red heart, since I've already GS'd over the heart with fur. Is it the red you don't like? I may need to rethink it as I've already got similar comments, and now I'm starting to lose a little faith in it.

Any other ideas for the non-coppelius/non-teddy/non-stitched together nightmares? I'm against the flesh colored LCB, but I guess the sky's the limit other than that.

Yeah, the talons are slightly awkward. I don't do much real conversion work so I'm hesitant of possible breaks or messing it up further than it is... maybe I'll take a stab at it though.

Hmm, what about a jade effect like here - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1190053a ? I'm sure it would transpose over to other colors (dark reds, purples, blues, etc.) fine for other nightmares. I'm thinking it could also be cool to make them look like old rusted iron or marble or something... anyway, I'll have to do some thinking on it and I'll definitely post back once I start getting some paint on em.

Edited by WombatJ

• 2 weeks later...

So I started putting paint on some models, will try to get some WIP pictures up soon. I decided against the red demons and have flipped the army theme to include gargoyles - lcb, daydreams, etc. will be painted like stone - along with the scarecrows. I'll be adding a deep jade color for accents so it's not all neutrals (with the gray stone gargoyles and scarecrows that are full of browns).

Side note, anyone know how to get this thread moved? I saw the miniatures showcase forum now, and I'm thinking that's a better fit, especially as I start posting WIPs and finished models.

Thanks,

WJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've got some updates on this crew. I'm probably switching over to painting my Colette crew first, but I'll still be working on this on and off, and I got a couple things done. I did the Dreamer and a Daydream, and have some WIP pics of coppelius. I changed coppelius' scheme to be more scarecrow-y and the red demons are switched over to gray stone gargoyles.

Anyway, here they are -

tn_daydream1_2.JPG

tn_dreamer6.JPGtn_dreamer4.JPG

tn_wipcoppelius1.JPG

More and bigger pics at the site and in the gallery. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

-WJ