Canine Remains: More than walking Corpse Counters?

SoulG

So we all know Ressurectionists are too cool to carry around corpses long distance--they just make them get up and walk towards the battlefield in the form of dogs.

My question is: Is there a use for those dogs before they die a gory death? What has people's experiences been, and have they every found the Canine Alpha Strike (via Mortimer / Sebastian) useful?

My only experiences are using them as corpse counters or having an oddball get REALLY lucky with Red Joker damage flips.

With nico dogs can be very annoying for your opponent, whilst in bolster range they become cb 6 df 7, making opponents spend way too much resources on a 2ss minion.

Also i use them to just sit on a point in missions like destroy evidence meaning your opponent cant flip over the counter while the dog is there usually buying you a turn to take that model out before it activates again.

Also as already said -2 df is really helpful against some harder to kill minions/masters

I've used them pretty effectively to plink away the last few points on a model.

I mainly keep them close to my master as fodder, but if something ends up being low after an assault, they can charge 9" for a (1) and if they miss, they get another crack at it.

The -2def buff is nice, I could see it being very effective with Nicodem to pind down a model with a pair. Def 7 is quite hard to hit and disengaging strikes at an effective cb8 is vicious