UK Malifaux Masters Invitational - OFFICIAL THREAD - January 2012

Neverata

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think it can go anywhere, bad card flips need to be factored in, psyche outs (baseketball style should be allowed!) and just not feeling it on the day.

Looking forward to it

I'm playing Monkey Island whilst you lot are all playing, so be warned Aidan, i'll be over asking you what you did next after that pirate gave you a lizard....

1) Me - I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm going to try to win, so mig as well have faith in myself here.

2) Ant - I've not actully seen Ant play but he won the GT convincingly and has a perfect reputation.

3) Aidan - Good player, GT 2nd, plays top lists

4) Adam N - Not really seen Adam play either, most of his win points are from the 'big fish small pond' early era of Malifaux, but expecting the most bent master in the game even above Dreamer to autopilot him into top 4.

5) Timmy - Expecting Dreamer and a good showing

6) Craig - Expecting Marcus x2 and a Rogue Arcanist list, Marcus loses a lot of potential in 3 list format, I bet Craig goes 4-1 with good VPs.

7) James - Predictng Zoraida, multiple Collodi, and Dreamer to play vs other bent lists.

8) Mitch - Mitch showed me his lists, expecting good results but hard games against the big masters

Past here I barely know anyone so not qualified to comment really.

In reality, though, I think that once you factor in luck and matchups, the top 4 could be comprised of any of the people I mention above. gonna be a good tourney.

1) Me - I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm going to try to win, so mig as well have faith in myself here.

2) Ant - I've not actully seen Ant play but he won the GT convincingly and has a perfect reputation.

3) Aidan - Good player, GT 2nd, plays top lists

4) Adam N - Not really seen Adam play either, most of his win points are from the 'big fish small pond' early era of Malifaux, but expecting the most bent master in the game even above Dreamer to autopilot him into top 4.

5) Timmy - Expecting Dreamer and a good showing

6) Craig - Expecting Marcus x2 and a Rogue Arcanist list, Marcus loses a lot of potential in 3 list format, I bet Craig goes 4-1 with good VPs.

7) James - Predictng Zoraida, multiple Collodi, and Dreamer to play vs other bent lists.

8) Mitch - Mitch showed me his lists, expecting good results but hard games against the big masters

Past here I barely know anyone so not qualified to comment really.

In reality, though, I think that once you factor in luck and matchups, the top 4 could be comprised of any of the people I mention above. gonna be a good tourney.

That's only half a prediction, so that only means half a prize. Buck your ideas up O'Brien

Can Ian and Ant just play a game, winner takes all, then Aidan is just given 3rd auto, and everyone else can fight for 4th upwards as that's how this is going so far? :P

I don't think there will be many people happy with that :P

Some people still want a shot at top 4, who knows, Ian has been lucky with tournament wins so far, and perhaps Ant will sugar overdose on Jamie's cookies and not get in the top 4 :D

So many possibilities...

Wow, big fish small pond - funny that considering the only new people to the pond are those who skipped learning to play properly and netlisted a Dreamer crew and tactics. But hey, if winning that way makes you feel good and helps make up for whatever other inadequacies you're dealing with, fair enough.

I don't think there will be many people happy with that :P

Some people still want a shot at top 4, who knows, Ian has been lucky with tournament wins so far, and perhaps Ant will sugar overdose on Jamie's cookies and not get in the top 4 :D

So many possibilities...

Mmmmmm.....Sugar......

Wow, big fish small pond - funny that considering the only new people to the pond are those who skipped learning to play properly and netlisted a Dreamer crew and tactics. But hey, if winning that way makes you feel good and helps make up for whatever other inadequacies you're dealing with, fair enough.

It's about the only time I've ever agreed with Adam. :P

It's about the only time I've ever agreed with Adam. :P

It's not an insult boys, don't take it personally. Just a fact. You're both good players, you know that, but you also know that the number of people who play truly competitive lists / take this game seriously is, in general, quite small compared to the size of the community.

Cool your heels, no need to get upset :)

It's not an insult boys, don't take it personally. Just a fact. You're both good players, you know that, but you also know that the number of people who play truly competitive lists / take this game seriously is, in general, quite small compared to the size of the community.

Cool your heels, no need to get upset :)

I was only agreeing with him on all you newbies taking bent crews that need no thought ;)

Sort of used to playing broken crews from being a tournament wargamer for upwards of 5 years now (scary...), so it doesn't bother me but I'll always take the mickey out of those using the bentest stuff!

Obviously there are some players that stand little chance of top 4 (or event top 8), but it'll be interesting to see what impact we have on the overall results.

Might even put a red joker in my deck!

Exactly! How many times have we seen an underdog completely fudge up someone's winning streak!?

Wow, big fish small pond - funny that considering the only new people to the pond are those who skipped learning to play properly and netlisted a Dreamer crew and tactics.

Woah there. I've only used Dreamer in 2 tournament games so far. You may not agree with Ian but there's no need for that.