Magical Extension and Obey

Asphyxxious

Question

So something came up the other day in a 2v2 game we had. My opponents were playing Zoraida and Lilith. Would Zoraida be able to obey Lilith's totem to magical extension one of Lilith's spells? I am pretty sure that normally if you obey your opponents totem you can't magical extension right? But why not? Is it because they are an enemy model or is it because control of the totem has switched?

I would think that if it is because it is an enemy model then Zoraida could do what I said, but if it is because control has switched then Zoraida wouldn't be able to.

I never really do 2v2 so I hadn't ever thought of this before that game.

16 answers to this question

Hmm interesting. That's good to hear. Once playing Zoraida I got LoS to conduit Rasputina's totem, which gave me amazing position to decembers curse killing 2 models. After the game someone told me I couldn't do that, and I felt bad because it was really brutal in that game. Although he didn't actually give me a good reason why it wouldn't work.. I just believed him because it seemed a little harsh :P

Thanks

Pockets has it. Obey Totems to your heart's content.

Always how it seemed to me- great way (situationally) to get off one of your opposing masters spells.

My only question is that magical extension states that the model may use a ss when casting their connected masters spell it. My question, therefore, (using the previous circumstances as an example) it can I use Zoraida to obey a wendigo or essence of power to use magical extension to cast decembers curse, and then use a ss (I would guess mine not his, as a) that is harsh and B) the model im obeying "counts as" friendly for duration of spell) to make the duel total higher?

Thanks, Mcdoogle

Edited by McDoogle