Hunter + Flame Wall Clarification

GamesByTheBeach

Question

Just needing to clarify whether a model with Hunter ability can draw a LOS to another model across something like Sonnia's Flame Wall markers?

Everything I see in the rules seems to say you can't draw a complete LOS across these markers, only into or out of. Is this correct?

Does the Sniper ability (on Hans) bypass this?

Example - Sonnia has placed 2 Flame Walls between Nino Ortega and an enemy model. Can Nino draw a LOS with his hunter ability (assuming he is within range etc...)

In that example I am assuming that Nino could not draw a LOS but Hans could.

2 answers to this question

Hunter allows you to see upto 6" into or out of Obscuring terrain.

It does not let you see completely through the terrain.

Sniper Ignores Cover, obscuring terrain and intervening models. It would allow you to see through Obscuring terrain, but not flame walls as they are not terrain.

Hans' goggles allows him to ignore an enemy spell or Tallent that affects line of sight. I would say that they allow him to ignore an enemy flame wall but not a friendly one.

Hope that is helpful

Hunter allows you to see upto 6" into or out of Obscuring terrain.

It does not let you see completely through the terrain.

Sniper Ignores Cover, obscuring terrain and intervening models. It would allow you to see through Obscuring terrain, but not flame walls as they are not terrain.

Hans' goggles allows him to ignore an enemy spell or Tallent that affects line of sight. I would say that they allow him to ignore an enemy flame wall but not a friendly one.

Hope that is helpful

what he said :D