Question about the bases

Alviaran

So, I just acquired a nearly brand new (it's been opened and that's it) copy of Puppet Wars in a trade. The guy forgot the rulebook and is posting that to me soon. If my question is answered in there, I do not have it yet, but I want to start work on it.

So, I have 9 gray and 9 black bases. Is there any difference between them aside from that? Am I supposed to use some of these for certain models? Or are they meant to be two sets so I can tell two puppet armies apart? (If so, am I supposed to just plug the puppets onto these each time I play? Seems odd)

Just want to know before I start plugging puppets onto things. Thanks!

I think most people glue the puppet into the base and then paint them anyway, so it doesn't really matter. They then use something else to mark if they are in a crew. Like little coloured pins in the base or small buttons.

I think you could plug them in each game, but I don't think it's good in the long term.

I really liked your bases, Ratty, so you can swap the puppets for each game, I just don't know how I would pull it off.

And now that I have the game, I am a tad disappointed in the bases and the counters. Kind of chintzy in a really nice game. But REALLY chintzy given the game's price.

Edited by Alviaran