Malifaux Fanzine?

Absolution Black

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I didnt get to read it all I was wondering is black part of a faction?

If people see this hopefully we can get some fan art + put in a section for that.

In terms of faction, I would class Black as an Outcast...hes effectively a sword/gun for hire, though has turned his back on the assassin life. He has a strong affiliation with the Guild, having performed numerous 'operations' for them, and has contacts within the Guild Guard.

He will work with Arcanists and even has a strenuous relationship with Rebel Nephilim at one point....but ressers...hes hates 'em!!

As for artwork, maybe you could ask Tuesday (she posts on here) to throw some doodles at you....there is a thread called Malidoodles where you can see her work..

also question for you guys large page size or small page size?

Large page size would mean more content per page but less pages. Large pages would be 8.5x11 which is normal paper size

small page size is less content per page but more pages... about the size of the small rules manual was what I was thinkin if we went with the small pages

I am in for this, PM sent. For those who are interested, any of my mini pics are available for use here. My sets should all be public on Flickr. Also, if there is interest, feel free to use any of the Battle Reports and pictures I have posted to my blog or the forum Battle Report section.

I am also down for doing some writing. What types of topics would people want to read?

On a printing size front, I think either size would work out. I know Tales of Battle ran on full size paper when they were being printed. I am not sure what happened to them though.

also question for you guys large page size or small page size?

Large page size would mean more content per page but less pages. Large pages would be 8.5x11 which is normal paper size

small page size is less content per page but more pages... about the size of the small rules manual was what I was thinkin if we went with the small pages

I'd go with rules manual size, personally. But, that's only my opinion with no real reason. Any size will do :P

Also looking to see if anyone has been to some malifaux events and would like to write about them.

Tournaments

Henchmen demos

wyrd events

Gencon 2011

Gencon 2012

Also some ideas for articles

Master spotlight

Henchmen spotlight

Minion spotlight

Player of the month

Henchmen of the month (human henchmen)

Table making articles

Also reviews on terraclips and reveiws on minis

We need more articles right now more than anything. Fluff is great and all (and thank you for contributing so far guys) BUT a magazine cant be mostly fluff.

LETS GET SOME REAL LIVE REPORTING ACTION

also battle reports with photos are cool!

Also looking to see if anyone has been to some malifaux events and would like to write about them.

Tournaments

Henchmen demos

wyrd events

Gencon 2011

Gencon 2012

Also reviews on terraclips and reveiws on minis

LETS GET SOME REAL LIVE REPORTING ACTION

also battle reports with photos are cool!

I can write up my experiences of the UK GT, if you like? And I'll happily review the new models Wyrd are releasing.

And I'll take photos for my next Bat-rep, if you so wish!

one last thing lets start brainstorming ideas for a title
Through The Breach?

@fritz thats perfect man make sure you get photos of yourself, photos of both crews before battle, and make sure they are high res.

@nix I really like your mini's man but some of your photos are a bit grainy, Other the other side some are really great and clear we just need high res pics. Once we decide on what the first issue is going to be on ill let you know what we need.

@Tarragon Im not sure what UK GT but sounds like gaming awesomeness! Go for it dude we need content right now! It would be great for a big event to be in the first issue. Ya know somehting to get gamers excited.

Lets wait on the reviews till we get a theme for the first issue and get a few more things set in stone.

If you want to contribute articles now please do so @ my email

JisaacT@dropkick.co No "m"

I can save them for when we need them (for a future issue)

I will say though that just because you submit does not mean it will automatically be used. Not tryin to cock block anyone but it does need to be said.

With that out of the way I am OPEN to ANY submission you want to put forth. so go ahead and write something if you have an idea of an article you want to write about or if you have some fluff go ahead and do it.

@Tarragon again please include dates, times, locations, number of people, and other stats. Please be objective in your writing.

Nope. I would have to talk to wyrd about it though...if we really wanted to get it printed it would cost money but no one could make a profit...it could only cover paper and ink costs.

Edit: forgot to add we might be able to do the molly thing since we can just say all chars and such are copyright wyrd but again i'd have to talk to an official from wyrd.

Double edit: could be for money...if wyrd backed us up in the production but that is highly doubtful...would be cool though especially if it was printed. Then take it to your local gaming place then BAM malifaux everywhere

Edited by JisaacT

Nope. I would have to talk to wyrd about it though...if we really wanted to get it printed it would cost money but no one could make a profit...it could only cover paper and ink costs.

Edit: forgot to add we might be able to do the molly thing since we can just say all chars and such are copyright wyrd but again i'd have to talk to an official from wyrd.

Double edit: could be for money...if wyrd backed us up in the production but that is highly doubtful...would be cool though especially if it was printed. Then take it to your local gaming place then BAM malifaux everywhere

Last point is dead on, you technically don't need permission, but asking beforehand as an act of courtesy is the ethical choice.

Last point is dead on, you technically don't need permission, but asking beforehand as an act of courtesy is the ethical choice.

Yeah good call! I will get in contact with wyrd and give them a call or email before we start any real production of this just make sure its ok. Or if any wyrd official is reading this please post a response