Some Seamus questions.

Zato

So, I'm looking at Seamus for my next Master. Yeah, I haven't even played my first game with Kirai yet and I'm already planning for another crew. Typical me. But this is due to a) I have a colour scheme I would think look GREAT on him, and B) his Avatar of Dread model is so cool I can't stop looking at it.

So, on to the questions!

What's a good way to start, his box, Avatar+what?

And I've read that you need to do certain things for your Masters to Digievo... eh, manifest. Do the cards have these conditions on them, or do I need to get to new book?

Thanks in advance for answering all my newbie questions, really appricate it.

Jack Daw and Hanged work well with him and Kirai so they might be a good place to looks... Also generally you need some kind of hard hitter to work with him. Bete Noire is good, so is Von Schill.

You get the Manifest requirements on the card. But there are a few other things you need to know which are in the book.

Awesome, nice to have some models that'll work with both. :)

Bete Noire, eh? That model looks ace, so happy to hear that! ^^

Okay. Already planned on getting the book later anyway, to read some nice background(I hate the word fluff), so no worries. ^^

Edited by Zato

Seamus' core crew has a lot going for it - they're tough, the Belles provide a huge tool for manipulation with their awesome Lures, and he can really screw with people's heads via Terrifying and Wp manipulation. He synergizes incredibly well with a Hanged, as all the Wp toys overlap.

His major drawback is a lack of damage potential, so IMHO that's something you need to tighten up. Bete is a great choice, but she loses a bit against non-living crews. Really, you can fill in with pretty much everything from there - Punks are good, if a bit slow, and a lot of people use Crooked Men for one of the few blasts we have available plus the Lure+Shafted fun. Something like the Dead Rider is a good, if expensive, heavy hitter, and his speed means you can really reposition him with Lure. I've never gotten on the Von Schill bandwagon personally, but the Convict Gunslinger is a popular merc to add as well.

One thing to appreciate with Seamus is that his crew is deceptively fast (which is why I mention the speed on the Punks). Between Seamus himself having Fast, Belles of the Ball, and Shambling, the ladies can cover a truly surprising amount of ground. So whatever you decide to throw in for damage potential, make sure it's either fast enough to keep up or provides ranged ability so it doesn't really need to keep up that much.

The big question: How much are you willing to spend?

Seamus Box + Grave Spirit + The Hanged + Jack Daw is an excellent start, as Ratty said.

I highly recommend getting two blisters of Night Terrors when you can. Three of them will take care of your objective-grabbing needs for both him and McMourning (except Treasure Hunt, where Sybelle or, really, Kirai are actually better).

Onryo are good if you go The Hanged, which you should already have from Kirai.

Buhallin: That's really helpful, thanks! :) I'm gonna look into some fast, cool and deadly choices. *jumps to PullMyFinger*

SoulG: Night Terrors were already on my list of things to get, for my Kirai crew. So it's nice to now that they, like the Hanged/Jack Daw, works well with both Kirai and Seamus. :)

Chev Chelios and CrazyCarl: Molly, eh? Maybe, she looks kinda cool. I'm gonna read up on her some more. ^^

Can't go wrong witht the mad hatter. His box needs a beat stick. I'm a big fan of punk zombies with him. Convict gunslinger is a model that everyone should get cause he's just so versital. He complements seamus well. Grave spirit for nonavatar games. Making one of your undead get armor two. For a point is too delicious not to take. Although if your planning on the molly box anyway necrotic machine can do some fun stuff. Best first seamus buy is either punk zombies hanged or von schill. You need a beat stick, bette is fun but if your opponents are non living bette kinda loses her edge.

I havent actually liked Punk Zombies with Seamus whenever I have used them just havent found that they have done as much as they really should I use The Hanged as my heavy hitter with Jack Daw as well. To get around Immune to influence etc I bring along an Onryo so The Hanged can really shine with Whispers from Beyond plus linked to the grave spirit makes him a very effective tank too, have started playing around with a flesh construct as the heavy hitter too who is working nicely