Nico list opinion

Insaneundead

personally for me ive kinda broken my strategies down into categories. Ones that involve killing, ones that involve interacting, and ones that involve stamina (staying alive, occupying, protecting) And i took the models I find work well in these, and put them into one or more categories (ie bete noir into killing, necropunks/night terrors into interacting, and the belles into stamina)

thats just my 2 cents and how I do it though

thanks, i'm looking over them now actually. I thought of this list for line in sand. so was curious how it'd do in it

for that list and line in sand, ask yourself some questions.

Which models are going to be the ones activating the dynamite? How are they going to get there? How are you going to keep the enemy from deactivating it?

The dogs could get there and activate it, but they dont have much staying power to keep the enemy from deactivating it. Nico kinda helps with his bolster undead, but one mediocre hit will still kill a dog. The punks are quite good at killing things, but aswell even with the defense buff dont have much staying power with only 6 wounds imho.

Which schemes will you be picking to go along with that strategy? whats your opponents faction?

i get what you're saying, just been having to try best by myself since not close to anyone else who plays and if lucky get to play once a week.

I'll definitely try to start asking myself bout the strategies and how will i achieve them and keep them.

I;ve asked locals at game shop i go to but I'm only Res player there, few play occasional but they don't really know models and such.

Guess just needed to start asking myself those kinds of question, really appreciate it

I agree with everything Fritz said.

Some basic stuff, though. Attach a Grave Spirit to give Nico for +2 Armor instead of the vulture. I also can't imagine not taking Dead Rider at this point (although I have a love affair with the thing, so I'm bias.)

Buy some Rotten Belles. They are another thing that are amazing in a wide variety of situations.

In general, and I am not saying every list plays like this, but Nicodem tends to have the style of fortifying/moving up the field like a boulder with 2/3 of his crew while 1/3 (Necropunks, Dogs, Whatever) go after the objectives.

So, for instance, in Line in the Sand at 30ss (off the top of my head)...

Nicodem

Grave Spirit

Dead Rider

Punk Zombie

Rotten Belle

Canine Remains x4 -OR- Necropunk x3

Have the Remains go after the markers while Nicodem finds the most important part of the board, and chooses that location to pelt Decay/Paralyze at the enemy from, while the PZ/RB/DR back him up.

Chances are some of the dogs will die. When that happens, collect the corpses with the other dogs and rez them into something better.

Edited by SoulG

Having a similar love affair with Dead rider at this point as well so he's becoming a 1+ almost regardless of strategy for me. SoulG your line in the sand list pretty much what I take, but I do the 3xNecropunks. Just never have had luck with the dogs.

But to the main post, don't focus on list building, focus on strategy fulfillment and build your list to accomplish the strategy and the schemes, and build to hamper your opponent. as has been said every model in malifaux has a base job its best at. build to the strengths of these units in terms of the strategy and the schemes.