Using Puppet models in Malifaux

Da Big Baws

Lady Justice is the best for Puppet crews. Seamus you'd likely go mostly Rotten Belles and then balance between taking Punk Zombies and Bette Noir. Pandora is also pretty solid - Sorrows, Kade, Teddy, all you really need. Marcus would go with 3 Silurids then either Razorspine, Guild Hounds or a teddy proxy of the Slate Ridge Mauler (bear's a bear). Viktoria would be pretty dull, Ronin and Gunslingers, plus you'd need to double up on her.

I personally see Puppet War models being used as proxies, mostly wicked dolls, but also Effigies (I'm using puppet Seamus as Copycat killer).

While I could definitely see myself doing Puppet crews for some Masters (Marcus is waiting for Myranda and more stuffed animals), some crews will likely never see puppet versions, such a Gremlins simply because who in their right mind would want 8+ of the same model.

Lady Justice is the best for Puppet crews. Seamus you'd likely go mostly Rotten Belles and then balance between taking Punk Zombies and Bette Noir. Pandora is also pretty solid - Sorrows, Kade, Teddy, all you really need. Marcus would go with 3 Silurids then either Razorspine, Guild Hounds or a teddy proxy of the Slate Ridge Mauler (bear's a bear). Viktoria would be pretty dull, Ronin and Gunslingers, plus you'd need to double up on her.

I personally see Puppet War models being used as proxies, mostly wicked dolls, but also Effigies (I'm using puppet Seamus as Copycat killer).

Nice ideas.

While I could definitely see myself doing Puppet crews for some Masters (Marcus is waiting for Myranda and more stuffed animals), some crews will likely never see puppet versions, such a Gremlins simply because who in their right mind would want 8+ of the same model.

Someone who is a nutty as a Gremlin? ;)

I might get some in place of Daydreams for my Teddy-themed Dreamer crew.

But not an entire crew, tbh. Would look pretty cool, though!

If I could get Puppet Teddies (maybe I'll take a crack at the Black Friday...) a Dreamer Teddy crew using puppet Teddies as Daydreams is way too cool....

This idea is slowly growing into my favorite...albeit expensive but too fun and awesome.

Is this a good Dreamer crew?

25SS, 7SS Cache

The Dreamer

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Teddy

Teddy

Edited by Da Big Baws

If I could get Puppet Teddies (maybe I'll take a crack at the Black Friday...) a Dreamer Teddy crew using puppet Teddies as Daydreams is way too cool....

This idea is slowly growing into my favorite...albeit expensive but too fun and awesome.

Is this a good Dreamer crew?

25SS, 7SS Cache

The Dreamer

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Puppet Teddy Daydream

Teddy

Teddy

This was exactly my plan except it was at 35SS and had an extra Teddy XD

I really don't have enough cash to manage to get my hands on three PW Teddys for now. But there has to be SOME other company that does tiny, evil teddies... right?

Well 5 Teddies for $40 plus shipping you could try at Black Friday ;)
$40 equates to about £25 here in the UK. I've only got £30 in the bank, and I don't think that a) the remainder of my cash will cover the shipping and B) my parents will be too impressed I spent ALL my money on five tiny pewter models for a crew I won't collect until about February.

It could be done, but it would be a significant financial investment. You'd need multiple boosters to get multiples of each minion. You'd also end up with a bunch of minis you probably wouldn't use.

Not entirely true, you get plenty of duplicate puppets with only the main game box and one of each pawn booster. At least enough to make the list he has below...

Using jut the base set and booster I won, I thought of this as an example:

Lady Justice

Death Marshal

Death Marshal

The Judge

Executioner

25SS, 7SS Cache

You'd need the main game and one more pawn booster (to get the second Death Marshal). I would say it would be pretty competitive as well (That is almost the exact list I run with Lady J).