Mental Anguish

Ozz

Ive just used Pandora today for the first time, and saw the Mental Anguish Trigger.

I wanted to make sure im doing this right, but you can get this of any WP duel you win when casting any of your spells correct?

"After Defender loses a WP resist Duel...."

It seems very clear to me, but having seen it in effect it seems very powerful, so i want to make sure i am understanding it correctly. But cast it on a master and they run away, they SS and beat you, do it again, and again and again if needs be. (if you have the suits requirements) It just lets you lock any minions out of the game effectively if they come within 12" of you, and you have stones/right suits in your hand.

Edited by Ozz

But beware low soulstone flips, they'll bite your balls like hell...

Yes, the trigger is pretty powerful and against some masters your only real chance to win. Be careful with project emotions, as only the first target of the spell is affected by the trigger and not every model hit by the blast.

@Mike, Yes i did see that and was doing it right just phrased part of my question wrong :)

@96p,Perhaps, but it is still horrible:P And i did know that about the blast, though had such appropriate hands, that the spell was never relevant in the game, the triggers just made his activations a round of rallying and then next one moving back into place from last turn.

Though having just checked, you cant get it off the 0 action which made me sad, you cant cycle the entire crew with it but 3 chances is enough:)

Isnt that pointless, due to they spend the turn rallying, therefore the actions are taken away from you to rally. And from that sentence im not even convincing myself, so ill say it another way.

I did not know you could fail to rally so the casting of dementia seems a waste to me?

P57, the full paragraph on rallying: "A falling back model spends it's next activation to rally. Until the end of that activation the falling back model cannot perform any general or specific movement Actions and received :-fate to any Duels it must perform except for Morale Duels. After the end of the model's activation, it is no longer falling back, becomes rallied, and may continue to act as normal. Models passing their activation due to Paralyzed are rallied at the end of that activation."

That to me says they can still shoot, cast or indeed have to pass if they want to do nothing and therefore have to take WP13 duels for Dementia for each action they're making provided you made them flee with it before they activated so it's still in place... near-ultimate lockdown against anything about WP6 or less

Well i believe rallying is an (all) action correct? So if they want to take any action other then a walk or pass action they have to pass the WP test. If they fail I would guess they just fail to rally and have to try again next turn.

Rallying isn't an action at all, it just happens and you can't take movement actions that turn.

That to me says they can still shoot, cast or indeed have to pass if they want to do nothing and therefore have to take WP13 duels for Dementia for each action they're making provided you made them flee with it before they activated so it's still in place... near-ultimate lockdown against anything about WP6 or less

That's right, they can't move and have to take a WP->13 duel to shoot, melee or pass with a :-fate flip