McMourning and Flesh Construct

Rezz

I have been trying some new techniques since I started Malifaux. Im happy with the blending on the Flesh Construct's skin. Im not so happy with the non-metallic metal attempt on the disecting table. Any hints on painting stainless steel?? I think I also have to redo the brain-sculpting attempt. The disecting table and cleaver are scratch-built

McMFC.jpg

Oh boy...Brains!

McM.jpg

The brain looks good to me!

The dissecting table looks like it needs more contrast to it to work as NMM, going down to black (or almost black) in places. But I've been avoiding that technique so far so I may just be talking out of my hat. The shine on the corner of the table works really well.

The only other criticism I have is that McMourning's face and shirt blend together a bit too much. The face looks great though.

aw jea! I'm loving the brain, paint on MCM looks a bit chalky but maybe its the lighting. Some thin washes could help there. I'd grime it up a lil bit as well. I can't imagine his opperating room looking that clean.

I did the same type thing wih my McMizzle for iron painter. "Cold Blooded!"

McMourning.JPG

Edited by Peterdita

Thanks everyone for the constructive comments! I will darken up his shirt some more, I didn't notice that when I was painting, but your right. I didn't go down to black on the table because I didn't want it to be confused with ordinary sword steel, was trying for shiny stainless steel, but maybe I should. His gloves do look chalky in real life for some reason, I was thinking coating them with satin varnish to make them look more "rubbery". Thanks again everyone.