A Newbies Qwest! Road to Adepticon

justright

Gotcha...ok in future games I will note time used per turn as well as any snags I run into... develope a system or procedure for the turn... just finished casting..tn duel..vs resist... noticed tho when does the target apply its (pitiful effect) during the sequence? Pitiful sounds pretty good against gremlins..? Is it a big factor?

Its certainly possible to play most crews in under 15 minutes a turn once you and your opponent know what you can do. (and what each other can do)

When you are learning, you'll find things can take much longer as you try and work out which ability works best at what time.

The Basic rules are fairly straightforward, its just the special rules on all the models that make it tricky. But once you know how the bayou gremlin works, you can handle controlling 15 of them pretty quickly.

Theres not really a set way to learn it quickly. I'd recomend playign with very small crews to start with, as that way you get a much better idea of what each model does.

Pitiful rarely comes up, there aren't many models that have it so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

It is in the targeting section after you've checked line of sight, but before you check range

Soulstoning Iniative is one of those things that can be done, and there are soem turns when you really want to go first, but having one of those turns when you really want to go first, have lost the initial flip, and your opponent has a low enough card to make it worthwhile having a flip are not that common. And You can play to try and avoid those situations as well.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update! Last weekend. I met up with henchman nihlist at games plus in mount prospect illinois and had a great game ..ophilia vs sonia crid..then took notes on another game of avatar ramos vs perditia... I'm commited to play with outcasts. Ophilia,the vics, hamlin possibly or levi..currently painting gremlins..will reaserch vic builds next

Awesome what events are you playing in? I'll be doing the team tourney for malifaux and the story encounters tournament myself. Outcasts are a fun faction I think you'll like them. The Viks are awesome just pure win.

As to black joker strategy, I tend to hold it until it becomes tactically useful to play, I play Ressers and discarding it when I activate a Flesh Construct gives him fast for me a worthwhile trade if he's in postion to make that fast really pay off. Other times I've camped it till turn 5 and discarded it in the start close to ensure no black joker nonsense in turn 6.

I'm in the Thursday cake event. The Friday 30 ss qualifier. And the Saturday 30 ss qualifier. I hope to win at least one game on Friday and Saturday..and learn as much as I can! I have another question! When you flip a black joker you can't cheat fate but you can use a soulstone..why would you ever use a soulstone in addition to a black joker?

Because you can still win the duel.

Some models (Lady Justice comes to mind) can get really high initial value (like Cb 11 or higher). While other models (several undead come to mind) can start with really low initial values (like Df 3). If I flip the black joker as Justice, my attack total is still 11. If my opponent flips a 9, then they are at 12. At that point, if I need this kill, I can soulstone to add that card (which will be at least an ace) to pretty much make sure I hit instead of miss. Even if my opponent cheats with a king, their total is only 16 so my soulstone card needs to be just 5 or higher...odds are with me.