When to sacrifice?

greg1394

Question

Hello !

Another stupid questions for the trolls to go off on and give me cheek then edit there posts when they make themselves look like arse holes !

I am playing Bete Noir and the stat cards says she can enter play when a model is sacrificed.

Page 13 says " sacrificed models are removed from play "

But I cant see anything in the rule book ( prob just missing it !) that says when and how this happens...example..dose it work like " i am actavating this mindless zombie ....i sacrifice it...your actavation" or dose it work differently ??

Cheers

9 answers to this question

some models have abilities that sacrifice things (eg levi has a spell that can do it to any model with less than 2 wounds, wicked dolls can sac themselves to do 2wds and slow to an enemy model etc.)

it is pretty much the same as killing except they dont drop counters, some things only work when things are killed (hamelins ability to summon rats)

Edited by Scurry

Isn't it when a living/UD morel is Killed, and specifically not sacrificed if i remember from other posts? (don't have card, or books this week) but that's what i remember having been said.

But as far as sacrificed, that's just the result of a models spell or ability.

Thanks guys !

So sacrifice is not something you can voluntarily do but an effect you receive.

Thanks for clearing that up guys ! More stupid noob questions to follow !

You just have to look carefully at the spells you and your opponent use. Sacrifice pops up more often, than you'd expect.

For example, when Nicodem casts Reanimate and uses a Mindless Zombie as a Corpse Counter? Well, he's sacrificing it, so she can pop out from it. Same, if he uses a MZ for his Cannon Fodder ability (to cancel incoming attack).

Bête Noire coming out of a kill is a great ability because it creates a threat the opponent has to deal with - if he kills Ressurectionist model, he himself may get hit by Bête Noire in return.

Coming out of sacrifice creates an element of surprise. People tend to forget the routine actions they perform every game may end them up with a Paralyzed or dead minion.

Edited by Q'iq'el

For example' date=' when that Colette players creates Coryphée Duet at the beginning of the game? He sacrifices two Coryphée - Bête Noire can pop out of that.[/quote']

bete noir can only pop up if a living or undead model is killed or sacrificed, the coryphee are constructs so she couldnt come out then

If you are playing against Bete Noir, try this trick. If you have to sacrifice a model, ensure you have friendly models around it, in base contact. Bete Noir has to be placed before the sacrificed model is removed. If she cannot be placed, then she cannot enter play and has to stay off the board.