Intentionally walking off a building?

Valcurdra

Question

Can you continue to move after deliberately falling of the edge of a building?

I found the rules for doing this (rules manual pg. 48) a little foggy. The rules state after chosing to walk off the edge the model is placed at the base of the terrain and takes a damage flip. What happens after that is not really stated.

1. Does my current move action end there? Or do I get to finish my walk action and spend any remaining inches of movement?

2. After taking damage can I continue the rest of my activation as normal? Taking further move actions if I please?

Anyone clarification would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just on a side note to this... I understand how the rule works and everything, so thank you for the responses. But if there's ever a relook at some rules, it might make sense to reduce any remaining movement by the number of Wd taken from a fall. Because let's face it, if you drop and take 6Wd... you're probably not walking much further :-P

Anyway, as I said, that's just an aside.

One of the odd things that we happened to do mid game because of falling was as follows.

Measure to the edge of the fall. Say 3"

Then place the miniature at the bottom of the fall and continue measuring.

Unintentionally gaining the base width on the movement just as an artefact of splitting the move.

So just be careful to measure your movement as if it was all one move and keep the base edge within the correct movement.

Works fine as long as you have movement to completely walk off the edge and you aren't doubling back.

Not having enough movement to clear the edge or if you are doubling back under an overhang does raise the question of how far does the base have to be off the edge to fall