Nekima, the expensive poorly modeled sibling.

Dolomyte

I would just like to point out, just because her minion cost 13 points won't mean her henchwoman would cost 13 point, she could have paired greats word instead of one, she could have been in fight and lost her wings, she might have gone backwards and became Ht2, she could summon tot, and become a summoner rather than a melee henchwoman. She might cost 6 points and have cashe of 10

Personly I think she will keep any ability that defines her

So

Black blood, Irresistible and nurture Nephilim anything else is up in the air

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, the problems I've had with her being fragile (in my admittedly short experience) have less to do with her 4 Df and more to do with her 4 Ht. I can usually find somewhere to hide my Ht 3 Mature from the big, scary ranged monster until it can unleash hell in melee but I have a much harder time hiding my Ht 4 Nekima until she can unleash hell in melee.

There are only a few ranged models in the game which have a range greater than Nekima's charge range + 3 inch melee reach.

Lure, anything cast through conduit, the various snipers in the game, December's curse through ice mirror, and a couple of others.

Silver, I think the other people here are largely trying to modify the current Nekima to Henchmen status. And certainly for a game with some friends use what ever ideas you've seen here and try them out. Then there is no wrong, you just need to enjoy the game.

Having thought a little more about the suggested Mistress of Nephlim ability I would consider something like

Hencemen reserve 5

Nekima can only hire nephlim. Each Nephlim costs 1 additional soulstone to hire.

Whilst I'd like to tie that into her cache being equal to the number of Nephlim in her crew, I can't work out a neat way to say that, and still allow her some flexibility in hiring to a total other than the exact amount the game is being played.

I have no feel for master Cache. I think every outcast will have a cache of 0 for fluff reasons. Whilst they look like external balancing, I can’t get a feel for it.

The Nekema/Von Schill comparison

If you’re using the nimble to save you the AP for another strike, then surely Melee expert (Or in His case Ranged Expert) would flat out be better.

His Nimble and augmented flight allow him to use his gun with the good damage rather than His knife which is a lot less good, but in a large melee it does mean he can’t pick his target.

Sure, he can attack from further away, but by the time he is within 12 “, Nekima would be able to attack him.

Personally I rate a mobile melee damage profile over a mobile ranged damage profile as more useful.

I don’t find her quite as fragile as everyone else seems to. If she has got herself engaged in melee, then she is pretty safe from shooting. There are not many models that can consistently kill her in 1 activation in melee, especially if she has use soulstone. So she is much safer than a Viktoria would be in that position.