Lelu and Lilitu

Ozz

Can someone explain to me exactly how you are "supposed" to use these together so well? Don't get me wrong i think they are good and i use them, i just don't think i get all i can out of them, and was wondering if anyone could share some of their tricks with me please? :)

The chief trick was to pair them with Nekima, but that has been removed.

Lelu is slower than other Nephilim, so you always want to give him some extra movement to get to the food. Lilitu is about getting the opponent closer, or dragging Lelu out of the scrap.

One possible combination is to activate them both via bond, Lure enemy into Lelu charge range and then set him off to finish the opponent. If you have good cards or get lucky flips, you may damage the target with Lilitu before Lelu gets to attack it.

If you play Lilith, you can activate Lilith, Lilitu and Lelu simultaneously. Lilith can then Transposition Lelu where he can really hurt the opponent, he can spend all 3 of his APs on attacks and then Lilitu can Lure him out of the fray.

Assuming Lilith is close enough to the opponent to still charge in, after Transpositioning Lelu, both of them can do some immense damage.

Edited by Q'iq'el

You want to remember that they really do work well together but when separated their synergy begins to fade fast.

Lilitu's lure is amazing and an awesome ability not to be underestimated. It can drag just about any model across at the least 16" on an average turn if casted three times. That is all most half the board's length. Unfortunately after this is done she doesn't have the strength to finish the job.

Paired with Lelu suddenly this trick just destroys models. Now the target is in Lelu's range, as mentioned above he is slow, and he activates immediately after Lilitu. So even if the target has not activated yet it does not get to responded yet.

Now the target is Poisoned and very hurt and will receive even more wounds if the model does not get away from Lelu, fast.

If you run them separated then Lelu has a problem getting to its intended target and Lilitu is in big trouble if her 1/2/4 whip doesn't kill her Lure target. Irresistible will not save Lilitu from an opponent within 2". Heck any model that can target her will kill her fast.

Even if you have another melee there to finish her target's they won't do the job quite like Lelu.

Cheers, in general i tend to play them with the dreamer rather than Lilith, atm. So they usually appear close together anyway, and Lelu has no issues getting to the model he wants to hit, due to he starts there.

But i was just curious if there was more to them, as without those explanations you just gave, i was failing to see what made them so brilliant together, bar they stop killing themselves. My biggest problem was i didnt really get Lilitu as i kept using her for her wicked disengaging strikes, hiding behind my models to avoid getting hit.

Slowly learning the brilliance of lure though now, i just have s daydream or two for removing the models from where they don't want to be after hitting something, so rarely found to great a use for the lure away technique :)

But thanks for the help again:)

Ah, a Dreamer player. It makes sence now.

The dreamer unfortunately doesn't get the full bang out of them becuase he is the delivery system. This makes the Twin's lure and kill abilities unnecessary. The Dreamer likes Lelu's "smash smash" but Lilitu becomes a minor piece just there to heal models close to her.

I would say the Twins are at their best with Pandora, then Lilith followed by the Hag with the Dreamer in last. Though they are still great with the dreamer the best qualities will not be shining.

Thats what the daydream is for. They wont be on the table for the end phase, so wont be taking the dmg, and i save myself 5 stones that can not perform as well as it can else where.

The dreamer summons the lelu's and a daydream. the lelu's activate do their dmg, then you bury them unless something is left on 4WD or less or 2 things on low wounds, yes this way you lose the extra dmg from them being around in the end phase, if you want to save the dmg. If you are not bothered, you the regen 2 of the 3 wounds, when you activate. And then, can use your 0 action or the crows trigger to do the 0 action with +3Ca and heal yourself hitting the next model. You just need to balance out if taking the dmg yourself is worth doing the dmg to your opponent or not, in my opinion? :)