Question on The Dreamer and Buried models

Dj Noise

Hello, i am new to this game and I started with the Dreamer and i have a question that i keep being told different answer to i was hoping you all could help with this.

So i have read multiple places this works, that you can bury a model with a buff and bring it back next turn with the buff still going, but my friends at my gaming store say that's not true and everything is effected by the Flow of time in or out of play. The thing i see the most is you turn 1 have a Madness cast his Aura and Terror, bury him, then in turn 2 you drop him in the middle of you opponent with his buffs still on. I was hoping someone could explain this if it does or does not work, and where in the Rule book ( or multiple things that add up to this ) it explains how this works so i can bring evidence to my friends encase they are wrong.

On P13 of the little rule book i thought it explained it with saying models out of play are not effected by game effect or game events but my friends say the "Phases" are not events. Those are stuff like terrain effects triggering.

Any help is Appreciated, and Thank you.

What he said. Its been ruled many times on the forum that a buried model does not get an end phase thus its effects are not resolved.

A common strategy with dreamer players is to have there nightmares on the board and go defense stance on the first turn. They then bury them and pop them out wherever with defense stance up in another turn.

You link this page to your club forums, if you have them otherwise hope someone has a smart phone so they can just take a peek at this thread and pass it around? That would to me be the simple answer. (note the link to the resolved rules section, if the above comments are not enough.)

Get your club to start visiting the Malifaux forum. This game is constantly changing and Rule Marshalls making decrees on the games rules. Someone in the club should be the "go to person" for updates on the rules.

If they argue with you, all you have to say is "there have been changes to the games rules and they are posted online, and if you don't believe me you can go online and check for yourself." You cold also print off the page with the ruling and keep it handy.