bete noir and killjoy

walruspride

Question

6 answers to this question

They are both really good..

The main thing to remember is if possible they want to be coming in when one of your models dies as this means your opponent can't react as your Activation is next.

So with Killjoy you want models with Slow to Die, so when they die they can use their (1)AP to bring him in.

With Bete your less restricted, but remember to keep a high card in your hand so you can use her Slow to Die action to bury herself and stop her from dying.

Situational but worth knowing - be careful playing Bette against Hamelin. It may be fun to pop up from a rat when a Rat Catcher does kill all rats, but Nix's emptiness will completely screw you over - you can't cheat in a card on a negative flip ;)

Hamelin is pretty tricky, but without Nix on the table my Bete actually killed him twice in one game.

:bete

Well lets see my first and main crew is MCM with a killjoy to start, But as I collected more figs Bete became a wonderful match. I use necropunk as get across the board and be killed to bring the two in to play. However I must admit that using the two with my Nico crew plays out even longer with Nico's undead bloister helping out killjoys poor defense and making his attacks just gross. With these two I never worry about putting MS's into play because most crews are little too busy trying to kill them not Nico..Plus remember that Nico can hired any undead without additional cost on killjoy. Nico's vulture makes a even better delivery system as least for Bete anyway putting her into objective getting mode...Well thats my two bits..they are always fun to use but not sure winning material...