Zoraida list

Sevorin

I played this 35ss list last night and I was interested in Zoraida players input on it as far as "you really are missing this" in my list.

Zoraida

Doppleganger

Lelu

Lilitu

4 Tots

My thought process with this list is to use the tots (speed) to get to objectives, Lelu to be a heavy hitter hopefully spreading poison around, Lilitu for some lure shenanigans, and the doppleganger for some extra obeys (I used obeys last night to get my treasure carrying 4" moving tot back to my side of the table which gave me the win). The possible grow potential for me is a side bonus, not a focus (though my game last night had me facing all contructs, so no grow there).

Overall I think the list did very well, I pretty much had to tie up his crew with Tots and get my objectives (Obey, lure, and Lelu got Joss from his side of the table to mine giving me the charge on him for kill protege) cause what I had wasn't going to hurt his stuff.

Well I do like her for a few other reasons.

Opponent gets a negative flip on initiative: This gave me first activation 4 out of the 5 turns.

Copy Raven or Sprint and Tot walk/cg stat. This denied my opponent his Kill Protegee scheme (she is a juicy target and will always be the protegee which would be hard for them to kill if I play it correctly)

Copying Z's casting stat, copying obey and casting obey still leaves me with one action left to move where for the sorrow it is a (2) action

Though I havent thought of the sorrow at all and does pose interesting for a Z list.

Copying Z's casting stat, copying obey and casting obey still leaves me with one action left to move where for the sorrow it is a (2) action

Bad news, Doppelgangers can't copy casting stats.

The stats they can get are Wk/Cg, Ht, Wp or Def.

They can't copy CA, Df, Cb or Wds

So you're ganger is stuck with the same CA as a sorrow. She doesn't suck up all her actions to copy the spell, but she's also only one model where as you could hire two sorrows instead and save 2 soulstones giving you a whole extra cast (unless they need to move), OR spend one soulstone more and get a third cast (once again, unless they need to move).

The sorrows also get the use of soulstones when copying that spell which is a lovely plus, but then again the negative to iniative flip is very helpful (not to mention incredibly annoying to the opponent, doppelganger is often a target).

So I think it's more down to whether you want to concentrate on obeys or have more versatility.

Personally I think I'd swing with the doppelganger as well. Just wanted to throw out all the pros and cons my rambling musings have come up with

I love the stitched together idea! I was thinking about a stitched but not in terms of the 'ganger. Good synergy.

I have been using the doll, most definitely. I just didnt include it in the above list due to it was free, but yeah...its a must have.

I missed the cannot copy CA, that is bad news. I suppose she can be used to obey my own models easier. Is she able to copy bayou two-card? Or is that a illegal copy because it says, "this model"?

I'm no rules marshall, but from my understanding that's fine. The restriction is that it cannot copy anything that references the model by name.

But yeah, the Stitched Together combo is a crowd favourite and with good reason, it's a fairly reliable form of solid damage.

BTW, have you had a look at Avatar Zoraida? There's a lot of potential extra fun there, and on top of everything she gives you positive twists to your initiative. Combine that with the doppelganger and you have initiative overkill, and by overkill I mean hilarity XD

OH! And note that Ferb also mentioned using Wicked Dolls. Zoraida can make them in addition to the Voo Doo doll (as noted on the wicked doll card), without having to sacrifice the Voo Doo doll.

Edited by psychocamel