Question on Poltergeist (no v2)

mpangelu

First off, I can't find a v2 card for him on the pdf. But on the front his Persistant distraction is an aura and on the inside its a pulse.

Also I saw a friend use that spell the other day and I am curious if it was used correctly.

He had his poltergeist close enough that all of his crew was within 4" of it. He cast Persistant distraction and chose to fail with all of his models. It then forced them to wait until all of my crew activated before any others of his went... is that right?

My question for that is primarily it says those models unaffected by the spell, does that mean those who resisted it or everyone who is outside the pulse/aura and those who resisted it?..

First off it is an aura.

Second you are correct. If a model resists the spell they are allowed to activate as normal. If they fail to resist they have to wait until all models outside the aura, or the ones that resisted have activated. He played the spell right, and that is a real clever idea on how to use the spell.

Just wanting to confirm, but does Companion override Persistant Distraction (using the original poster's example)? Would it be optional?

Wording from the Rules Manual for Companion both talks about activating simultaneously, and then activating in order.

Obviously, it's borderline. You have a single threat nearby, you activate Poltergeist and Pandora, Poltergeist flips fantastically with Magical Extension, and removes the threat. Now the Poltergeist could use the PD to delay Pandora's activation.

And how does Pacify interact with PD, assuming both are used on the enemy? Does one take precedence, or do both have a similar timing window?

Morgan Vening

I believe it is a pulse, an aura would make absolutely no sense.. What something activates and moves into the aura and then has to take a wp resist.. oh but wait its already activated.. What it moves after casting and then everything it moves into has to take the test as well???? No more then likely it is a pulse. (I'm surprised there is no v2 card for this.. its from original book...)

He had his poltergeist close enough that all of his crew was within 4" of it. He cast Persistant distraction and chose to fail with all of his models. It then forced them to wait until all of my crew activated before any others of his went... is that right?

I'm sure this was cleared up that you can't do it like this. IIRC I think the "until all other models have activated" is within your own crew, so you can't make your opponent go first like the guy you was playing did

I'm thinking it's accurate, but it just seemed to hit me as very powerful. I'm not saying game breaking or anything just a .. wow. And if you can direct me to some sort of correction or Marshal ruling, then I'll be happy to say it's wrong, but otherwise, I have to say he was doing it correctly. (Quick question which hasn't come up yet in this post.. why was there no v2 card for poltergeist .. or at least there isn't one in the download section from neverborn.)