Good models for a Levi crew

Bleeding Through

his box set is great to get for starting even if u arent going to use abominations since he will summon them and alyce is a solid ranged damage model.

after that i would (did) get a desolation engine, some more abominations and the blister of hollow waifs. other good models for him are canine remains (take one and kill it turn one then turn the corpse counter into a second waif) and the riders for more damage output. necropunks are good objective grabbers as are watchers and if you find your waifs are dying easily a guardian is a good investment to protect one of them.

Basics- Battlebox+ Desolation Engine+ Hollow Waif blister (you want 2 the box only has 1).

Once you get some experience with the basics you've got alot of options (about a factions worth of them).

Necropunks- Fast objective handlers with decent combat ability

Watcher - about the same as above with some card control filled in

Killjoy- heavy hitter that works well with the above 2 models as sacrifices

Guardian- protects Hollow Waifs decent fighter in a pinch

The 4 Riders- Each Rider is a unique potent threat, if you want Avatar Levi you'll want all 4.

Rotten Belles- lure someone in and unleash Levi's spells

Ryle- always nice to have a big gun

Ashes and Dust (not released yet)- boosts SPAs and pretty killy himself

Bette Noir- solid hitter

Soulstone Miner and Steampunk Arachnid Swarm- both love the crow given by Blessings of Desolation for their weapon triggers

Canine Remains- take 1 kill it, make a hollow waif

Crooked Men- board control

Codex Levi has a ton of choices. The more options you have the more you can customize to Strategies and schemes

How would teddy run in a levi crew, does it work

It's speed is it's biggest issue. Levy doesn't have anything that can really cover it as it slowly plods up the field so it's just got it's H2W and Regen to keep it alive as it's also low Df. So yes it can work, but you probably have more useful choices for 9ss. It competes directly with all 4 Riders, Ryle, Lazarus, and Alyce.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to elaborate on Hoyled's mention of Steampunk Arachnid(s)/Swarms: Yes, it's a lot of points on fragile, insignificant, 3 soulstone minions, just like with the Steampunk Abominations, but at least you only need three of them for the swarm instead of four. And for those nine points you've either got three models that can each give casting flips around them :-fate or enemies in base contact -2 Df, or you've got one model with melee master, a zero action healing flip, and a paralyzing trigger that you can make automatic with Levi's buff spell.

That said, a pack of Necro Punks was my first purchase after picking up a Desolation Engine and a Hollow Waif pack. One thing the base Levi crew is noticeably missing is fast, non-insignificant models for strategies like Destroy the Evidence. Crooligans, which are part of the Molly Squidpidge box set and should be out as an individual pack shortly, could fill that role too. Watchers, the flying guild constructs, work well too but as far as I know they only come one to a pack whereas these others are three to a pack. Of course, if you can afford to, it would be best to get all of them so you could mix and match depending on the specifics of terrain and strategies ;)

Levi

Rusty Al

Ryle

Jack Daw

Canine Remain

2 Waifs

Look at your opponent and say good game

Oh I forgot to explain...

Rusty can trigger head shot, Ryle can Gatling gun (trigger), JD drops a no cheat aura / triggers heart stop, Levi can cast someone to death or punch for 12 DMG, canine remain is there to provide a corpse for waif #2...

Enjoy :)

Honestly, I've never seen ryle do much except die when in a crew without hoffman. Lazarus is the same ss cost and looks much more survivable and versatile. The thing to remember is levi has little synergy with anything that isn't Ashes and Dust or his Seampunk Abominations.

The more I play levi, the more I've gravitated back toward running lists with steampunk abominations, he can crank out an obscene amount of the buggers and last game I ended up with 2 desolation engines, 3 SPA's and Ashes and Dust out at the same time. That being said, in certain strategies, like slaughter, I feel like the SPA's are too easy to kill and will just end up giving your opponents lots of 3ss kills.

So, In summary, here are what I would boil my best choices for levi down to.

-Lazarus

-Alyce

-Ashes and Dust

-Steampunk Abominations

-Guardian

-Watcher (best objective cappers he can take IMO)

-Soulstone Miner

-The 4 Rider models (if you choose to Manifest his Avatar)

-Canine Remains (for the extra Waif or cheap activations if you choose)

-Jack Daw

-Steampunk Arachnid Swarm