Assembling a Levy Crew

bob sprocket

Howdee,

I'm an outcasts player, but haven't ventured into Levy terrritory yet.

Looking at the boxset, it comes with a single hollow waif - Why? They're rare 2 (so i can only summon 2 to the board right?) and they come in blisters of 2, so if I buy the box and blister I own more than I can ever use? Why?

If this is true, am I going to be better off buying the crew in clamshells?

Cheers

Nick

Leveticus is unplayable without at least 1 waif. They also have 0 soulstone cost.

The Starter box is supposed to be a playable set of miniutures. For 3 minitures in the box to cost 0 soulstone would either mean the box would have to be the most minitures yet, or the smallest soulstone cost.

Sure, if you want a second waif you'll probably have to get a third which will only be useable in a brawl.

Looking at the costs in the store, the box set is $45. Leveticus, 4 abominatons and Rusty Alyce is $46. So you make a saving and get the waif for free.

Not everyone uses two waifs.

The choice is yours

Definitly go with the Box Set for starting off, it saves you money. As for your second Hollow Waif, you absolutely don't need one but it is nice to have a second since Levy can make another during the game. So players focus on doing this right away, others prefere to just do it if it comes up. So really the choice is yours in that case, heck you could just proxy your second while your getting into the crew still.

But beyond that box set, don't forget to pick up your Desolation Engine! You will absolutely need one if your running SPA's and even if your not, it's not that hard to make 4 SPA's in a game.

Get the box set, pick up a blister of Waifs and some Canine Remains.

Grab a Desolation Engine.

That gives you a nice 25ss list. To expand, I just bought the Hooded and Dead rider, but there are LOTS of options there.

I used my third Waif, with a bunch of green stuff, as a disembowled corpse on the base of the Desolation Engine. Looks great.