Anyone else Think Gremlins would be fun?

ratch

so, i was looking at getting a list of Gremlins together mainly just for the fun factor that can come with em. this is what i have thus far as a list.

Outcasts Crew - 35 - Scrap

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
2 Pool

3 Giant Mosquitos [6ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Warpig
    [8ss]

position the Hog Whispers and once i get close enough let the Pigs Stampede XD Som'er heading it up with his Masquitos. i could drop the masquitos for another piglet and a Hog Whisperer or another Warpig. however the masquitos just seem to good.

Thoughts? anyone else think gremlins are fun?

also there is this as well.

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
0 Pool

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Warpig
    [8ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

not sure if they are useful or not but the Pigapult and Slop hauler would make this a little more entertaining. however not sure what the Slop Hauler does. i can guess on the Pigapult xD

Edited by ratch

Classic "Pig Boomerang" list though I would strongly recommend dropping the Warpig and adding in a Slop Hauler and 1 Bayou Gremlin. The Slop Hauler helps with their abysmal CB and the Bayou Gremlin allows for replenishment of lost Piglet fighters.

If however you do keep the Warpig then be sure to use him as a moving screen to keep the stampeding piglets on target.

If you can protect your Hog whisperer you might want to consider dropping one of them and replacing him with a Taxadermist. This switch will allow you to double the mileage of the pigs.

Lastly you really need at least 2 Skeeter "Air traffic controllers" to really make this controllable and effective.

PS I haved used the "Pig Boomerang" a lot and for a long while.

As stated Id advocate dropping the warhog in general. For a pricey (for gremlin anyway) large base model it has terrible survivability, no armor, no hard to wound, and a medium defense. Damage wise its decent, but a dead warhog does no damage.

Though a flying reactivating warhog can shoot out. interact with something and head back.

Som'er Teeth Jones
--
0 Pool

2 Giant Mosquitos [4ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Bayou Gremlin
    [2ss]

• Gremlin Taxidermist
    [6ss]

• Hog Whisperer
    [5ss]

• Slop Hauler
    [4ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

• Piglet
    [3ss]

i had figured that the Warpig would be usefull... and you say not. seeing as how you know more about Gremlins ill take your word for it xD

since the Hog Whisperer comes with a piglet, i figured toss all four pigs in there. slop haulers come in boxes of 2. so higher numbered lists would see them both.

I am also considering a Gremlin Swarm style army. probly with Ophelia. still working on my Arcanist lists so outcasts probly wont be till begining of 2012.

Thats pretty similar to what I usually run for the "Pig Boomerang".

And its not that the Warpig is useless (he is great for screening and directing Pig Charges and Swine Dashes), it's more that for his points you can get a lot more mileage out of other combinations of minions.

Edited by Omenbringer

Still if you are just beginning to play gremlins try out different lists and combos to see what works for you. Warpigs are like many large point models, they work for some players and not so much for others.

Don't feel limited to any one list, this is unproductive for a player to fall into and takes the fun out of the game and turns it into a job at winning.

Heck my LaCroixs are fun win or lose.(For my part anyways.)

I just played my Gremlins for the first time today and they are AWESOME!

I ran Some'r and had a great time churning out a few minions and ALMOST killed Avatar Sonnia with Ophelia, speaking of which...

I ran Ophelia twice and wiped up the Ortegas! She and her crew can be BEASTLY! Unless I'm doing the luck triggers WAY wrong...