Official UK Malifaux Doubles GT - 17th and 18th March 2012

Neverata

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This worries me a little. Kinda goes against the format/idea of the tournament if someone can just pay the whole entry fee themselves, bring a random stranger/friend/girlfriend/spectator, and then solo all their games.

Mike

My plan was to do this with you Mike, but seeing as your now against it I'll have to find a new dummy, I mean, er, partner. :P

Mike - I want it to be proper doubles, but it's not like I can regulate it!

Someone is unlikely to win if they bring a dummy to just sit there. If there was a way to stop it i would do it, but unfortunately, people will always just do as they please.

It's human nature, if it puts you off, theres still nothing I can do. Believe me, I wracked my brains thinking about a ruling in the rules pack.

Someone is unlikely to win if they bring a dummy to just sit there.

I'd argue that someone (especially a very good player) is actually *more* likely to win on their own, given that they'll have full control of their crew and not have the difficulty of coordinating two people's models and decisions.

It's human nature, if it puts you off, theres still nothing I can do. Believe me, I wracked my brains thinking about a ruling in the rules pack.

It won't put me off - I just think people doing it would be undermining the event's purpose. Not having seen the Rules Pack yet I can't say whether a ruling would be possible. Not even something like "each player is responsible for control of their half of the crew"? Difficult for one person to police, but obvious to the opposing team if it's not working that way.

Mike