Create Undeath and its many (?) uses

Soundwave

So, with Book3 finally out, we don't have to ponder about what Molly and her Necrotic machine will have to play with for a while. Create undeath always boggled me a bit, and I'm yet to find that special use for it, so I figured I'd throw the question out there.

The things I've found it applicable with are:

Molly

Impossible knowledge - Give stuff (enemies or mercs) Necrotic spray

Judge - Use Philosophy of Uncertainty to steal Judge's Judged spell and whack something for extra damage.

Seamus

Undead Psychosis - Make models fear their own mateys.

Necrotic ministrations - Not that awesome, but a nice buff vs non-living non-undead things.

Trail of Fear - No longer works, since the model is no longer living.

Nicodem

Bolster Undead - Bolster friendly mercs, makes for one nasty Convict gunslinger or VonSchill.

Decay - Heal friendly mercs.

Nurse

Juice up constructs or something, if you'd for some reason include one that you want to sacrifice...

VonSchill

Make non-undead enemies undead in order for VonSchill to whack it harder.

Lady Justice

Make her regret using Restore Natural Order.

Anything I've missed that could be of relevance?

All-in-all, I don't really see what the machine brings that the Grave spirit doesn't, and besides its poison trigger, Create undeath is really all it adds. Besides beings awesome cool.

Nicodem seems to be the one getting the most out of it, and Molly, its "intended" master doesn't really benefit that much at all from it.

Feel free to add your wicked nasty ideas for using it to its fullest potential!

I think you found most of the uses of Create Undeath, but imho that's not the reason why you'd take it with Molly. That reason is the Philosophy of Uncertanity... The Totem can cast it with Ca 4, use SS to buff it, and if it succeeds and get sacrificed, Molly can summon another one.

That, or course is an interesting combo, but I don't know if I'd even try to summon another one if it did die. I plan on bringing it with Molly because it has the highest cast of any Totem she can bring, and spam casting Terrible Secret is just awsome. I just wish they would quit giving ressers combat oriented totems, who aren't that great in combat.

Copy Cat Killer: Gun is his real shining ability, IMO, the reason you mostly bring him. His CB? 3.

Grave Spirit: Solid Totem choice. Helps increase resiliency one one model. Terrible casting score, and still combat oriented (although in a defensive way).

Necrotic Machine: Lowish average casting. Can make Non-masters undead... which in the present time has limited applications. Poison 3 can be activated by a trigger. Cb skill...4.

Zombie chihuahua. Very solid Totem overall.

I think you found most of the uses of Create Undeath, but imho that's not the reason why you'd take it with Molly. That reason is the Philosophy of Uncertanity... The Totem can cast it with Ca 4, use SS to buff it, and if it succeeds and get sacrificed, Molly can summon another one.

Also because it's a good little Puppy...Yes it is! Yes it is!:happypuppet2

I'm putting a bow on mine as well. Not the bunny ears though as those were worn by Philip and much as I did like the Molly story in the new book, I'm not certain how much I liked Philip's . . . zanier attitude? I'm not certain if I'm phrasing that correctly. Maybe I just formed too strong an image in my mind based on the first books fluff about Philip.

I'm putting a bow on mine as well. Not the bunny ears though as those were worn by Philip and much as I did like the Molly story in the new book, I'm not certain how much I liked Philip's . . . zanier attitude? I'm not certain if I'm phrasing that correctly. Maybe I just formed too strong an image in my mind based on the first books fluff about Philip.

Maybe being around Molly and Seamus for so long has sent Philip right around the Bend...

I agree I can see why they chose to take Philip's character in the direction they did. It just doesn't personally resonate with me based on the first book's fluff and the expression in Philip's eyes and the way Molly held him in Molly's artwork in book 2. I saw him more as a Sorrowful and Terrified individual, counting and depending on Molly for an anchor to reality. Seamus is already Zany enough. Just personal inclinations only here mind you. Anyway I'll quit hijacking the thread now.

I saw him more as a Sorrowful and Terrified individual, counting and depending on Molly for an anchor to reality.

A person who is near insanity and wants to ground themsleves in reality will talk to much. It's the sound of hearing someone respond to you that makes you feel sane, and the more you talk the more you get to hear someone respond.

As for a use, don't forget about Mortimer and Sebastian. They are not undead, so its just not mercenaries that can benefit from Decay.