New to the game: Hamelin and Crew

leeoaks

Awesome painting! You need a rat catcher right now though.

In 25ss games I tend to go with Hamelin, The Obedient Wretch, a rat catcher and a few rats and one or two kids. Save soulstones for making your enemies insignificant.

With the rat catcher you effectively get a second activation out of your rats, which counterbalances the fact they are slow. You need to run the rats forward then activate the rat catcher and bring him up, slaughter rats as a (0) action and then you get brand new rats via Voracious Rats, ready to be activated. Can be quite speedy that way.

Edited by Jackanory

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a little extra what would do you think the best varnish is on the market? I prefer a mat/satin finish

All the US people seem to love Dullcote. Another good one is Army Painter's - it's somewhat temperamental so be sure to shake the can extremely well and avoid spraying in humid conditions, but that goes for all spray varnishes, really.

i am in the middle of a dispute with GW as their spray wrecked some models (26 hours of my life wasted!)

How did it wreck them? If there's dusting (like a fine, white mist on them), then they can still be saved by applying a second coat of varnish (maybe even play it safe and use paint-on stuff - I like Vallejo's matt varnish).

• 3 weeks later...
I have decided that Hamelin isn't the best crew for me to learn with!!!

Does anyone want to trade? I just need to finish the last stolen.

Lee

Noooo! Stay with him! I really love my Hamelin crew. There's a tactica on these forums (just Google Hamelin tactica) and there's a lot of good advice on a website called Pull My Finger. There's not actually a vast amount to learn with Hamelin, the main thing is generally to make sure you're using "Understand The Soulless" all the time to make everyone insignificant. Also Hamelin can get really brutal if you've got a severe card in your hand; use "Fate Is Meaningless" and then attack someone with the black staff. You'll always be on a straight flip and then you can just drop that severe card out to cause 9 damage. I've killed a lot of powerful enemies with that trick!

Also don't forget to spawn rats when you kill enemies; I always forget that it's not just my guys that spawn rats when they die.

I salute you sir nice paint job on Hamelin and those stolen look nice and creepy just the way they should be the White on nix is right for a rotting dog I think it should be an off White but Hamelin is just beautiful the red looks really good I look forward to getting my Hamelin crew next month and painting it for the tale of malifaux painters thread aswell as pairing my voodoo doll pics keep up the good work

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, Hamelin is an awesome master he is a truly fantastic leader to a slaughterhouse of a crew, there are few crews that can stand up to him, ya picked a wicked first master it will ruin your foes :firedevil . I played a brawl the other day with just Hamelin vs. Colette and Hoffman, not even fair. :fing02: So keep it up buy more rats and prepare to have your foes weep.

i will stick with wyrd untill i want something that i don't like the model for. i was thinking of adding some cat models (as a pride) anyone found any nice demon cat models?

I will add the mercs and more rats and the catchers......i'm open to suggestions really, i just like to paint.