New to the game: Hamelin and Crew

leeoaks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the nice comments i working on the second right now.

I played my first game and really enjoyed myself. Got loads wrong but understand the core mechanics. The gang is interesting to say the least!

the chap i played against was great and really help me figure things out.

I will try and get another game in this week to see if i do any better.

Hamelin has a steep learning curve, but once you realise what he does, you won't lose too many games with him. I had to watch tonight as a Hamelin player absolutely pantsed a guy playing Ramos, which admittedsly is a very bad matchup. However, there aren't many things that are a good matchup against Hamelin, as he has few weaknesses.

The problem i am going to have is getting him right as no one here has a clue how he works. it seems to me the whole insignificant thing could really wreck your opponent while you sit back and make you minions bog people down....but hey what do i know.

Back to the painting....

SDC11482.jpg

SDC11483.jpg

will get him completed tomorrow.

beautiful models, I love the clean paint jobs and the bases are nice, but not too fussy, which I think is very important. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

I can't claim to be an expert on Hamelin, but making people insignificant is very important. They can't attack Hamelin then, and all the rats within 6" of him automatically come back, so it can make life very hard. Also, with a lot of strategies and schemes having insignificant models really hinders you since they don't count.